Week 35 - Who You Gonna Call?

My day has been so shit I’m considering canceling the rest of my plans to curl into a ball of rage and scream at the ceiling until I inevitably pass out.  The absolute bullshittery that prompted this reaction today was my car, my only vehicle, my only way to get to work, when it decided it didn’t want to start because it needed fuel.  I was confused, I mean I’d just filled it with some Hi-C Orange the day before, but apparently it needs gasoline!?  So as any regular person would do, I collected my baseball bat and plasma gun from inside and alternated between beating and shooting the picky motherfucker until it was only scraps on the ground.  After a moment I realized the mess I’d made and knew I’d have to make a call.

After taking my bat and gun back inside, I called my mom.  It rang twice before she picked up.

“Hey honey, what now?” she sounded tired, perhaps she’d just woken up.

“I smashed my car, so I was wondering if you could drive me to work,” I paused, “And help me clean up.”

“Honey,” her tone was thick with exasperation, “You don’t have a job, or a car.”  I looked to my car to find the smashed remnants of a boulder and the garage walls morphed into a forest of greenery.  I noticed something like a thick thumb drive was being pressed onto my left bicep with a few layers of tape.

I spoke into the phone and ended the call, “Mom, I gotta go.”  I pocketed my phone and reached for my arm.  When I peeled away the tape I found an audio recorder beneath.  “What the fuck?” I muttered to myself.  There was a sharp pain in the back of my neck and everything got heavy.  I collapsed and it all faded away.