Going Home

Evie

I awoke the next morning with Willie fussing over me. He was quick to offer me water and help me sit up.

"They are bringing you breakfast now," he said before placing a kiss on my forehead after taking the cup of water from me and setting on the bedside table.

"Willie," I whimpered needing him close to me.

I wanted him close to me, in fact, I needed him close. His comfort was an aphrodisiac, an addiction and I felt myself craving my next high.

"What is it, babe?" he asked looking down at me.

His calm and gentle nature was calming and reassuring. He didn't make me feel uncomfortable or crazy for feeling this way.

"Kiss me," I whimpered with a pout of my lip.

Willie wasted no time before capturing my lips with his. I moaned out at the instant contact and wrapped my arms around his neck in attempt to pull him closer. He pulled away a few moments later not allowing the moment to go on for too long, and I nearly growled.

"I have so much that I want to say," I sighed leaning against his muscular chest.

"As do I, and we will have the time when we get home, and you get some more rest." He said with a soft smile.

I didn't want to wait a second longer to tell him how I felt but it seemed I didn't have a choice because a moment later an orderly was placing my food on the tray in front of me. I moaned at the smell and Willie moved to take the fork from me to feed me himself.

There was something so intimate about feeding someone and I reveled in it, and I let him feed me. I watched his every move as he pushed spoonful after spoonful of warm plain oatmeal into my mouth until I was too full to eat anymore.

"I'll get some better food into your system once we get home." Willie said pushing the tray away from the bed.

"You're okay with me coming to your house, right?" I asked before I could stop myself. I wanted to make sure that he didn't have any doubts.

"Babe, I am more than okay. I am overjoyed." He chuckled placing a quick kiss on my lips.

I wanted more of him, and I hated that he was holding back, but I understood why because despite it all Willie just wanted to make sure that I was okay.

"I missed you, Willie." I said with a sniffle.

I had been trying to keep control of my emotions, but it seemed almost helpless and perhaps I need to cry a little and let out some of the built of emotions.

"Hey, what did I say?" he asked wrapping his arms tightly around me while placing his forehead against mine.

"I know, but I just have so much that I want to say." I sniffled again trying to hold back the tears that were begging to be shed.

"I wish things had been different. I really do, Evie. I keep thinking everything over and over again in my mind and I know that I went about things the wrong way and for that I am sorry." Willie said. I could feel his security in his words.

"No, don't. No sorry's, no take backs, no what ifs." I said firmly, shocking not only Willie but myself.

"Damn, okay, babe," he chuckled. "But that means the same for you." He said looking down at me. "I don't blame you for the way things ended and I don't blame myself. Maybe the timing was off, I don't know. But I do know that I am so happy that we have our own creation growing in your stomach right now, you have no idea." He said before kissing me deeply. "Everything happens for a reason and though things aren't perfect, we are together now. I'm not leaving your side and you aren't leaving mine." He said firmly.