Chapter 4: Apologies

Kaveh's POV:
It's the middle of the night. I can't sleep at all. My body is shaking and tears fall from my eyes. I should've told Alhaitham where I was going, and then everything would be fine, right? I thought about what had happened. Was it my fault? I bet Alhaitham hates the fact that I have to live with him. He's probably super excited for me to find a way to pay of my debt. Why does it hurt me so much when me and Alhaitham fight? It's not fair. We are just friends, it shouldn't affect me this much. I grab my pillow and squeeze it as tight as I can. I imagine me hugging Alhaitham. More tears pour out of my eyes. I'm such a bad person aren't I? Or maybe it was both me and Alhaitham's fault. We both made mistakes. No wait- or was it just me who screwed up? Thoughts raced through my mind. I ended up crying myself to sleep.
------------------------
Alhaitham's POV:
It's morning. I remember what happened last night. My stomach starts to hurt again. I get out of bed and decide that I'm going to make a surprise breakfast for Kaveh, because he's always the one making it. I walk over to Kaveh's room and slightly open the door. He's lying on his bed. He looks peaceful, like last night never happened. I don't know how he does it. I walk over to him, quietly. I feel horrible, but why does it hurt me so much when I hurt Kaveh. I'm never like this with others. We are really just friends that are forced to live with each other. Sometimes, I think we both absolutely despise one another. I sit on his bed. There are damp spots on the blankets next to his face. I can tell he's been crying a lot.
"Kaveh," I say, "If you are awake, or can hear me, I want to say that I'm so incredibly sorry for what I did. If I'm being honest, my anger took over me. Please forgive me." I can feel the tears pricking at my eyes.
Kaveh turns over facing me. His eyes are red and sore from crying, but he seems to be awake. He looks at me in my eyes. "I'm sorry Alhaitham, I should have told you where I was going." He says, his eyes getting watery. Great, now Kaveh thinks that it's his fault for the whole argument.
"Kaveh, it's not your fault. I've been stressed lately and I took all my anger out on you, Im so sorry." I say, trying to comfort him. "What I did last night was horribly wrong." Kaveh looks at me. He sits up and grabs me tightly, giving me the most biggest hug in the world. A smile spreads across my face.
"Do you forgive me?" I ask him, starting to loosen my grip on the hug.
"Of course." Kaveh replies. He smiles right after that sentence. He's so cute when he smiles. I'm not going to question my thoughts anymore. I know it may sound weird but, I mean it. I'm pretty sure that I'm in love with Kaveh- no I think I'm positive.