Chapter 10: Here he is...

Alhaitham's POV:
We enter Mondstadt and the guards at the gate welcome us. The city is nice. There are shops, homes, and many people walking around. Tighnari and Cyno go around asking everybody if they have seen Kaveh. Everybody says they haven't seen him. We have asked everyone in Mondstadt about Kaveh. Nothing. It's night now. We've been out all day. I'm exhausted, and so are Cyno and Tighnari.
"No luck." Cyno says.
"I hope he's okay." Tighnari says, holding Cyno's hand.
I look down at their hands. I wish I could do that with Kaveh.
"Alhaitham? Cyno? Tighnari? Are those you guys?" A familiar voice says.
I turn around. It's Aether.
"Hello Aether, Paimon." I say.
"What are you guys doing here, in Mondstadt?" Paimon asks.
I explain everything that has happened so far to them.
"So, Kaveh is missing?" Aether asks, looking concerned.
"Yes." We all reply.
"I'm so sorry, but I haven't seen him here at all." He says.
"Paimon hasn't seen him either." Paimon exclaims.
Somebody taps on my shoulder and I turn around. It's a girl wearing a red uniform with brown hair.
"You guys were looking for a missing person, correct?" She asks.
We all nod.
"Yesterday, we found some luggage just outside of the city. It was a backpack and a glass case that's carried what looked like a model of a Sumeru building. My eyes widen.
"That's it! That's Kaveh's stuff! He came here to turn in his model!" I yell, happy yo know that we were getting somewhere.
The girl smiles. "Follow me!" She says.
She leads us to the headquarters of the knights if Mondstadt. She said the name of the knights, but I wasn't paying attention. We enter the building and she leads us to the acting grandmaster's room. Kaveh's stuff was in the corner of the room.
"That's his stuff." I say.
"I'm glad we took it in." She said.
"Did you see him at all Amber?" Aether asks.
"Unfortunately not. I'm terribly sorry." She responds.
"It's fine, no apologies needed." I say, disappointed.
She smiles and leads us out of the building.
We go back to the front of the gate to find more evidence where we found the feather. Nothing.
We all decide to take a break and build a camp in the front of Mondstadt.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Kaveh's POV:
It's nighttime. I know that because I have finally been taken out of that place. Turns out I was in a cave the whole time. I was walking with Dottore, being led to Mondstadt where I would be used as a hostage. I didn't want to do this. Not at all. I wish I was at home. I wish I was with Alhaitham. I start to cry, silently. The tears fall down my face as I cry in silence. Dottore elbows me. He knew I was crying.
"Almost there! Are you excited?" He asks, a wide and disturbing smile plastered across his face.
"NO, YOU DUMBASS! WHO WOUL-." He covers my mouth.
"That's enough out of you." He says, annoyed.
Mehrak was floating alongside Dottore. It couldn't do anything either, or else Dottore would break it.
Dottore finally stops and pulls out something. I see Mondstadt in the distance. It wasn't very far away.
"This might hurt a little bit." Dottore says, injecting needle into me.
I fall unconscious.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Alhaitham's POV:
We built a small fire at our camp. Mondstadt was quiet now. Nobody was outside except for us. I couldn't stop thinking about Kaveh. It made me sick to my stomach. I wish he was here. I wish I could hug him. My eyes get damp, but I don't cry. I sit there in complete silence.
"Is the traveler here?" A voice says. It sounds disturbing. I think I'm just imagining things.
Aether gets out of his tent. I wasn't imagining things.
"What?! Dottore!" Aether yells.
We all exit our tents. There's a man. He was blue hair and a weird mask.
Everyone pulls out their weapons.
"What do you want?" Aether asks him.
"You, traveler, I want you to answer all of our questions we harbingers have." He says, smiling wide.
"Why should I?! The Fatui is evil!" Aether yells.
"If you don't, I'll kill him." He says. He pulls out what seems to be, wait, is that?
"KAVEH!" I yell!
Dottore laughs. "He can't hear you. I knocked him out."
It's Kaveh. Kaveh. Kaveh's here.
"Let him go!" Tighnari yells, shooting an arrow at the Fatui harbinger.
"Only if the traveler gives in." He laughs.
Crap. I don't want Kaveh to die. No. What do we do?"
I teleported behind him and slashed him with my sword.
"Trying to be sneaky?" He laughs and slashed me with a small knife.
"Alhaitham!" Aether yells.
I fall to the ground. Holding my wound. I'm bleeding. Tighnari rushes to my aid and quickly bandages up my wound.
"Alhaitham, we've got this. Don't fight anymore." He says.
"I need to help Kaveh!" I yell, trying to stand up, but I fail. I fall right back down. Damn it! I can barely move!
"EVERYBODY! STOP!" Aether yells.
We all pause.
"I'll turn myself in." He says.
What is he thinking.
"Oh really?" Dottore says, lying Kaveh down on the ground.
Aether winks at all of us and goes over to Dottore. He has a plan.
Tighnari rushes over or Kaveh and puts him on his back. He lays Kaveh down in my tent.
Kaveh is safe. That's all that matters.
Dottore and the traveler start walking but then something happens.
The traveler jumps back and pulls out his sword, stabbing it though Dottore. The Fatui harbinger falls so the ground and yells.
"GOD DAMN IT!" He yells, slowly perishing.
He's gone now. Forever. Everything is okay.