Chapter 7: More Work

Alhaitham's POV:
I wonder where Kaveh had to go. It's really none of my business though. I need to stop getting into his business. It's a bad habit. But at the same time, I kinda want to know, but why?! It's really not that big of a deal. I remember what I thought about. That's right, I've decided that I, well, love Kaveh. Maybe I'm just worried about the fact he could get hurt by being out without me. I know, he has a vision and can fight, but it still just discomforts me. Right at that moment, the doorknob moves and the door opens. Kaveh walks in waves at me.
"Hi Haitham!" He says in his sweet voice, "Sorry I took too long."
"No, it's fine." I reply with.
Immediately after our short conversation, Kaveh goes to his room. I think he's still working on that project. It's coming along pretty well, since the last time I saw it at least.
I got up from the couch to go check on Kaveh and to see how he was doing on his project. I walked over to his door and turned the knob. Kaveh was on the floor, painting parts for his model. He was really concentrated.
"How is it going?" I ask.
Kaveh turns around quickly. "What?" He asks.
I repeat myself and he sighs.
"It's going well, it's just a LOT of work!" he complains.
"You should probably take a break. Somebody like you isn't patient enough to do it all in one sitting."
Kaveh looks at me with an angry look. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN SOMEBODY LIKE ME?! THAT'S RUDE!" He yells.
I laugh. He's so adorable.
"Sorry to bother you, I'm gonna go read now." I say, walking out of the door. I don't want to bother Kaveh anymore while he's working.
------------------------
Kaveh's POV:
Alhaitham is so mean! He thinks I'm lazy! I ignore Alhaitham's rude comment and continue working. I'm getting close to being done, which is a very good thing. Having to lay on the floor while working on the project really hurts your back after a while! I continue painting the parts for my model and thinking about how much money I might get if I actually do a good job. What if I get enough to move out of Alhaitham's house? The thoughts were racing through my head. I needed to calm down. I decided to stop the project for a few minutes and lay in bed for a bit. My back hurt so badly. To my surprise, I ended falling asleep after a while.
------------------------
Alhaitham's POV:
"KAVEH!" I yell from the other room. "YOU FORGOT TO CLEAN UP YOUR MESS FROM YESTERDAY!"
No reply.
A little angered, I go to Kaveh's room to tell him again. I open the door and try to calmly say "Kaveh, you forgot to clean up your-" I pause. He's not on the ground working on the project like he was before. Where is he? I turn my head to look in the direction of his bed. There he was, sleeping. A laughed. He's been working hard for the whole day, he deserves time to rest. I walk over to him and bend down. I press my lips on his cheek and give him a small kiss. I guess my intrusive thoughts won. What has gotten in to me? When do I tell him how I feel? It's like I want to, but if Kaveh doesn't feel the same way, we probably won't ever talk to each other again. I hate him, but I love him so much at the same time. I can't stand him, but his voice can soothe me sometimes, and his stories get entertaining every once in a while. What is wrong with me? We always fight, why would he ever love me back? I walk out of his room, and on the way out, I look at his project. I think it's finished. He did an amazing job.