-001 || lore

About

This is set in an alternate universe to the main VBS story. So, some aspects of the plot may not be the same as that story. (Actually, majority of the plot).

Setup

We start our story in a small town called Boar's Head. It was named for a legendary boar hunt that happened a long time before this story. The fame from that has come and gone, and now Boar's Head has gone quiet.

However, not everything is so amazing in there. Boar's Head is being threatened to be conquered by an evil society, called the Viper's Venom. This society has been around for a long, long time. Before anyone can remember, cities were being dominated by the Vipers.

There are few cities that resist their power, as all the mages they had have got their magic stolen. Unless they were in hiding, people who had access to magic were enslaved and brainwashed to follow the Head Viper's beck and call.

This abuse of magic has changed the whole world into an eternal winter.

Characters

Our story, beginning in the town of Boar's Head, centers around one girl.

An has been living under the constant threat of the Vipers attacking her village, and has become somewhat used to this

An has been living under the constant threat of the Vipers attacking her village, and has become somewhat used to this. However, she craves something more than a dusty, hidden town. She craves adventure, battles, and running free. And, spoiler alert, she's about to get just that.

She lives with her father, who is a retired bard. He was well known for his musical career, but now he runs a cafe of his own. An has no other family that she knows of apart from him. An and her friend, Kohane, help around with his work.

But what if her father's life, her friends life, and her own life was threatened?

- Kohane Azusawa

Always the voice of reason in An's life, Kohane lives with her father and mother, who love their daughter to bits. She gets good grades in school, has stable friendships, and is already studying medicine of her parents, who did it as their profession.

Whereever An goes, Kohane follows. An's told her about her plans to run away one day and find a place that's less quiet than this one. She craves the crowds, while Kohane loves the simplistic silence of their town.

But, Kohane would do it just for An.
Right?

- Toya Aoyagi.

Toya had never expected himself to have the confidence to run away from home. There, his father forced him to play piano over and over again, even when his fingers hurt from hitting the notes. When he said he didn't want to do piano, his parents wouldn't reason with him.

So, he was simply floating around like a discarded piece of paper. He wasn't a people person, so he avoided all the villages, but also out of fear of the Vipers. He had enough food to sustain him for a while, so he was fine.

But what if people needed him more than he knew?

- Akito Shinonome.

Being a prince wasn't like what it was cut out to be. Akito quickly became overshadowed by his older sister, Ena, first in line to the throne. Everyone concentrated more on her than him, and so he developed some kind of hate for the world around him.

Being so hateful didn't help his reputation either. But, one of the last things his father said to him before he got locked in that crystal is that he'd find someone special in the future.

...What on earth could that mean?

(A/N: Idk why the images weren't working for the other three! Anyway, enjoy!