006 || a lonely castle

❃.✮:▹ pov: the spare ◃:✮.❃

It had been a few days that we'd been walking for. I was tired and hungry. I'd already been wishing for other food besides canned and preserved things.

I'd been trying to help An out with getting in a relationship with Kohane, and it had been looking pretty good. But we were too exhausted to do any of that stuff now.

As we continued our walk to somewhere, I spotted something suspicious. A large, pointy peak of something. It could be a mountain, but it was way too sharp to be it.

"Guys, what's that?" I asked. "What's what?" Kohane said. I could see the bags forming under her eyes. "It's... a turret?" An said. "Odd. There isn't any castles I know of nearby. Unless it isn't a very famous one." Kohane says.

"Should we... go and explore it? Hopefully they'll let us sleep there." Kohane suggests, and I nod. "I'm in on that too. What's the worst that can happen?" I say, shrugging my shoulders. Actually, the worst that could happen to us is getting killed, but I didn't want to focus on that. The possibility of a warm bed makes you desperate after a while.

We walked towards the peak, or turret, whatever it was. I could see as I walked closer that it was definitely a turret. The tiles looked like they were decaying. It was hopefully abandoned.

Once we reached the castle, we could see the gray wall of the side of it stretching for miles above our heads. It was kinda intimidating.

"So... we needa find an entrance, huh." An said, puffing out her cheeks. "This thing looks pretty ancient, are we sure we wanna bust in to it?" She asked. I nodded.

We looked around the sides, as we weren't gonna just bust into the walls. Finally, we came across one of those big, overdramatic doors. "Well, how do we open these? It's not like they're automatic-" An said, getting interrupted by the large doors creaking and opening slowly. "Holy shit." She said. I was also shocked.

"How are they opening?" Kohane asked. I shrugged. "Our best answer is probably ghosts." As soon as I said that, An went the whitest shade of white I'd seen anyone go. "Are... are we sure we wanna be here? Heh... it's old, and there are holes in the roof..." She said, nervously laughing.

"Don't worry, An. It'll be fine." Kohane said, patting An on the back. An just nodded, looking petrified. "Well, we'd best explore it. Unless you don't want to, An?" I asked, and the split second I said that I felt a drop of snow fall on my head. It was snowing, and it was windy.

The wind carried the snow around, speeding up, until it began to slightly cover us. "Looks like a snow storm... We'd best go inside." Kohane says, and I nod in agreement. An still looks petrified, but also walks in with us.

The hallway of the place was very long and dark, but we walked in and looked around anyway. A limp torch was lying abandoned by the gate, and when I picked it up, it seemed that there were other torches on the wall, and they all lit up, sequentially, one after one.

"Yep. Definitely ghosts." I said. An looked absolutely petrified. From what I could see of her face, she was as pale as what she feared herself. I kinda felt bad for her... but, I would give up An's discomfort for a nice place to sleep that was away from the snowstorm outside.

I looked around at the hallway. There seemed to be portraits hanging in between the torches. All of old men and women. Maybe they were haunting this place?

We walked on through the hallway, hoping to find some kind of human life, and not some old grandpa's ghost. An still continued to look terrified, and Kohane was trying to reassure her that ghosts weren't real and that she was just too scared. It was completely the opposite of what I advised An about, which was slightly ironic.