029 || finale.

(tysm for 1k reads! im so happy ^^)

❃.✮:▹ pov: the hero ◃:✮.❃

It was me and Ena. Just us two, alone. I wondered what she was going to do to my broken body first. My friends had all given her injuries as well, so she was as hurt as me.

But now my friends were gone, two of them unknown if they'd get better or not, and one of them facing whatever Ena brought upon him alone. Two unconscious people wouldn't really help Toya, sadly. But my chances weren't as good either.

I eye Ena down, not wanting to make the first move, but also flinching when ever she twitched in the slightest. She smiles, and sits down. "Since you aren't going to attack any time soon, I may as well tell you about what happened to me to make me this way, to tell my brother if he survives."

I grit my teeth. "He will survive. And Toya, and Kohane." The word Kohane leaves a lump in my throat. I feel so bad for leaving my girlfriend unconscious, although I know it wasn't really my fault. Ena drops her weapon on the ground.

"Oh, will they? Now, shut up. My story's about to begin." I try to hesitate, but Ena magically pulls up a chair that comes careening from the other room and knocks into me, forcing me to sit down on it.

"As you know, I'm Akito's sibling. And we both didn't have the most amazing father. He had a clear preference for me, naturally." Ena smirks when she says that. "But, I also got a lot worse off compared to Akito."

Ena's face falls, and she moves closer to me. "My father would make sure every move I made was the most optimal one, and if it wasn't, he'd hurt me. Till the point I had scars all over my body. He wouldn't let me paint for ages."

I open my mouth to say something about her paintings, but she shushes me. "And so, when I got out of that capsule thing thanks to my little friend, Mizuki- speaking of, where are they?"

"We killed them." I say with no hesitation. "Y-you what?" Ena says, looking like a scared child for one second, then snapping back to her amber eyed glare.

"No matter. Anyway, I got out of the capsule and I stumbled upon the Vipers, who were currently searching for a leader! How convenient for a princess like me!" Ena smiles.

I grimaced. "Can you shut up already?" I say, my voice laced with venom. Ena smirks, clearly amused. "Oh my. She finally has the means to argue with me! How interesting." She smiles, and I nod.

"If I'm going to die, I'd rather die quicker than be lectured by some person about their whole life." I say, with snark in my voice.

"Is that so?" Ena says with a smile. "Then, I guess it's your turn to die, since you seem so eager." Ena gets up, blood still dripping from her wounds. Blood does flow from my own occasionally, but mainly the spots that hit that wall hurt like hell.

I grab my sword out of it's sheath. I was kind of grateful for the rest, but still, I had a job to do.

To protect my friends.

I run at Ena, gaining speed quickly. Our weapons meet in a flurry of steel. I parry her hits as she attacks me, and I think I can see sparks from our blades forming.

"Hehe." Ena says with a smile. I wonder how long this will go on for. "We're even matches." I say. "You're too injured and I'm also hurt, I guess." Ena sighs and nods.

"Well, you did hit me through my good hand." She sighs. I look at her, and take the opportunity to cut across her chest. The wound isn't as deep as the others inflicted, but it's something.

It makes Ena scream once again. I grit my teeth as she comes back into battle suddenly. I make sure to keep my breath steady and slow. Keep going! I had to!