015 || leaving, despite protest

❃.✮:▹ pov: the medic ◃:✮.❃

I woke up after a much needed rest, slowly coming to my senses, and then realising that there was two arms around me. I panicked for a few seconds, then realised it was just An.

I breathed out a sigh of relief. However, the problem of getting up without waking her up still remained. I decided to just stay in the bed. Her warmth around me was honestly comforting, and I was starting to realise how much I was starting to blush.

The others didn't seem to be awake. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Akito laying limp on the couch he'd chosen to sleep on, eyes closed. I honestly didn't know why this room had two couches when it clearly only catered for a maximum of two people.

I felt An move around in her sleep, wrapping her arms around my chest. I smiled. Maybe I shouldn't move for a bit longer. Did she do it unconsciously? She probably did. Though it didn't feel completely like that.

I kind of wanted to feel her lips on mine again. We'd been so distracted by that prophecy thing we hadn't had time to do anything together. I'd barely started to talk to her.

Suddenly, I heard a groggy groan from behind me. An's arms started moving, and I managed to slip out from under them, scooting further towards my side of the bed.

An yawned, stretching her arms. I sat upright in the bed. "Good morning!" I said when I was completely sure she'd woken up. She groaned, and I sighed. "Morning, Kohane..." She said, barely managing the words. Her voice was slightly slurred.

She managed to open her eyes, and she looked up at me. "You're up already?" I nodded my head. "Yeah. I usually like to wake up early in the mornings." I said with a small smile. "Well, we're opposites in that context. You like sleeping early and waking up early, and I like to sleep late and wake up late. Well, when I have the luxury to." She said with a shrug, and I nodded.

Having the luxury to sleep in or go to sleep early was very rare at these times. I don't know how much beauty sleep I'd missed, but it was certainly a lot. I could even see eye bags forming under my eyes.

I got up off the bed, and An followed suit. I looked at her, smiled, and then said, "I'm going to do my hair, okay? I'll just be in the bathroom." I said, and An nodded. "I'd best come with." She said in agreement.

We walked into the bathroom and I grabbed a hairbrush that I'd managed to steal from Akito's sister's bathroom. It was black and engraved with little purple flowers.

After running the brush through my hair and making sure that there were no knots in it after sleeping last night, I made sure to wash my face and brush my teeth before putting the brush away.

Once I walked out of the bathroom, since An was taking a small bit longer than me, I spotted the other two awake. "Good morning, you two." I said, a small smile settling on my face.

"Mmf." The response I got from Akito was. "Good morning, Kohane." Toya said, on the couch facing away from me. "How was your sleep?" I asked. Toya shrugged. "It wasn't that bad." He said, in a slight murmur. I supposed they had been sleeping on couches, so it wasn't their fault.

Akito nodded in agreement with Toya. "Yeah. It was okay." He said with a small smile. "What are we doing today?" He asked me. "I kinda want to get going, but we need to discuss that with everyone else before anything happens." I said. "This village makes me sick and I don't know why." I said with a small shrug of my shoulders.

Eventually we all got changed and packed, and were ready to discuss what would happen next. "If that prophecy does come true, we'd need to leave this place to do anything about it." An said with a shrug, sitting next to me on the couch that used to be Akito's bed. Maybe there was a reason for this room to have two couches anyway.