025 || old friends, new enemies

❃.✮:▹ pov: the medic ◃:✮.❃

I didn't think the staircase was going to be that high. Whatever, I'd still climb it. Hiking to the top took a bit of effort, but I managed.

Once we arrived to the floor the throne room was supposed to be on and came to a long hallway, I didn't know what to say, apart from, "Where is it?"

Akito shrugged. "It's best we look in every room." I nodded. "Sure." We continued on the way, stopping to peek inside every door.

First door: cleaning supply storage.

Second door: a big bedroom? Surely that would be the boss's room or something.

Third door: a kitchen with food that looked really good, but after seeing all those lifeless bodies, I didn't feel like one bite.

Finally, we arrived at the fourth door. I looked up at it's imposing arch and sighed. "Surely, this'll be it." An sighs. "Any last words?" Akito asks, and he seems to be grumpy.

"You guys... were all great friends. If we die here together, I'll be honoured." I say. I receive 2 smiles and 3 nods. I smile back, and then Akito says, "Alright, let's get this over with." He barges through and opens the wooden door.

The door creaks open and we look upon the person in there.

Inside sits one person, with curled pink hair in a ponytail. Their eyes don't look normal, and that's the first thing I notice about them. "Hello, you three. We've been waiting." They say, a smirk appearing on their face.

We all look confused. It seems we all expected someone that looked strong, and like, buff. "I've been waiting for you, Shiraishi, Azusawa, Aoyagi, Shinonome." They say Akito's last name like it's poison.

"Do I know you?" Akito asks. "No, but I do know your sister very well." Akito looks like he saw a ghost. "She's dead. How do you..?" I looked at him with concern.

"No, she's not. I saw her just yesterday. Before I was sent here as a decoy to end your lives. Oh, I didn't introduce myself! I'm Mizuki!" They say, gleefully. I feel a shiver run down my spine. How do they know anything about us...

"Kohane, I know what you're thinking right now. You look confused." Mizuki says with a smile, and my eyes widen in fear. "We'll... we'll kill you." I say, trying to reassure myself to no avail.

Mizuki simply smiles at this. "Let's begin." They say, and walk towards us. I brace myself, ready to throw a blow if needed.

And then, they come at us like lightning. We all swing at them to no avail. They're too fast. And when they start attacking, oh God, it hits.

"They must have some ability of enhanced speed, somehow!" I say, while trying to parry their hits. Akito seems lost in thought this whole time. "My sister..." He starts, but then has to block Mizuki coming at him with full force.

I dodge and fight what I can. One of An's hits lands on their wrist, and that gives me enough time to deliver a small blow to their side, but it doesn't hinder them for long.

"Do you all notice- ugh! their eyes?" I say, trying to come up with suggestions. "Maybe they're possessed..." At this, Akito's eyes brighten. "My sister's power was to steal other people's powers! That's how she became a prophet! So... she could have stolen a power of possession or something!" He yells, and I go with it because it's the best thing I have.

"Their necklace!" Toya notices, in between trying to fend off the person poorly. I notice that they do have a necklace, glowing bright red amongst their white armour.

"Guys! Aim for the necklace!" I scream, and I aim for it myself, my sword stretching out to reach their chest, and they dodge it. "You three are smart." Mizuki says with a smirk. "But not smart enough."