003 || wanderer

❃.✮:▹pov: the spare◃:✮.❃

I was walking away as I heard a familiar voice calling for me. Kohane? Yeah, that was the blonde's name. I turned around, watching her and her friend? Girlfriend? I had no idea of their relationship status, but they seemed really close. I was honestly a bit jealous. They loved eachother- either platonically or romantically? Anyway... what I'm trying to say is they looked pretty close.

"What's wrong?" I asked as they ran towards me, clearly running out of breath from the running they'd just done. "Your... your village has been attacked by the Vipers..." Kohane said.

"I noticed blood in a corner too, but I assumed it was just something else..." An continues. I stood there motionless. My village? Attacked? It couldn't be... I looked at the two, not sure if they were lying or not. "Are you sure? Did you see anyone?" I asked them.

They shook their heads. I sighed, balling my hands into fists. "Well... let's check. Hopefully they're just asleep or something..."

We started our slow walk to the villiage. The other two were still a bit out of breath, but they didn't seem to mind at all. After all, my villiage was at risk.

Once we got there, I noticed an eerie silence in the town. Usually, it was dreary but packed full of people. I looked around the part of town where An and Kohane came in, and then I decided to go to where An thought she saw blood.

It was around a corner, in an alleyway I think led to the square. Only a small bit of it was there, but there was a trail of red that pointed straight to the path of the square, seemingly following it.

"Well, there's nothing else we can do. Better follow it." I nodded at An and Kohane. Kohane looked slightly scared, but An put her hand on her shoulder, which seemed to calm her down enough.

We left footprints in the snow as we followed. The blood flow somehow became bigger and bigger, until it became...

I wanted to vomit as I looked upon the pile of bodies a bit away from me. All of them were bleeding from several gashes, and created a large puddle of crimson in the snow. Some of their exposed flesh stood out to me. Cuts ran down their sides and eyes were poked out.

Kohane clapped her hand over her mouth. An just looked terrified, and I imagined I looked the same. "Toya..." She mumbled. Tears began to glaze my eyes as I choked down a half sob, half full on vomit, that may have had a bit of panic attack in it.

Everyone was gone. I could see the girl from the library that I talked to once's body lay limp. And... I could see my father. My father lay on the side of the pile, his body limp, blood staining his grey-blue striped shirt. As much as I hate him, I would never have wished death on him.

"I'm fine." I said, my voice choked by tears. "You guys should go scavenge stuff from the houses around here. I might stay here a bit." I tried hard not to cry as I was speaking gently to An. She nodded, and walked towards Kohane. And then they left.

It was just me now. A sole survivor of a massacre. I sat in the snow, feeling lost, numb and wanting to cry all at the same time. So I did, feeling hot tears drip down my face, being absorbed into the snow. The Vipers were such monsters for doing something like this. But they must have done it to plenty more villages though.

The sickness in my stomach didn't go away. It stayed as a gentle reminder of my failure to die. Would it have been better if I died, or rotted in the snow where An and Kohane found me? Out of the corner of my eye, I saw some spears dropped in the snow, slick with blood. I looked at them as if I was judging them. They did kill everyone I know.

The people did have concentrated wounds. They were definitely killed by those. Just lying in the snow felt like being stabbed by one of them through the heart.