002 || stolen from the world

❃.✮:▹ pov: the medic ◃:✮.❃

The rock of the cave wasn't comfortable to sleep on at all... as you would assume. It's rock, after all. So, obviously, that was one of the worst night sleeps that I'd have in my life, and I expected more like that.

I woke up with my whole body aching from the rough stone and dirt under my back. An was asleep beside me. I wondered how she was sleeping.

I smiled softly as I heard her soft breaths, a telltale sound of her being asleep. She was so nice, and I think she deserved the best sleep in the world.

Did I like An? As in... I wanted to be with her forever, like. I was still coming to terms with myself and my sexuality. I sighed. An was nice, and pretty. And I could never have her because she wouldn't love someone like me. I was small and weak.

An moved and scared me out of my thoughts. "Kohaneee~" she said, the sleep that she just had showing in her voice. "You sound like a zombie. I'm assuming your sleep wasn't the best either?"

I gave her a few minutes to sit up. "Yeah... I don't ever want to sleep like this. I was cold and sore, and I still am." She sighed, looking away drearily.

"Maybe we could try sleeping together next?" I suggested, watching An's face light up with red. Mine did too. "Not in that way! Just for warmth, you know?"

An nodded. "Well... Yeah. That sounds good." She stretched out her arms. "I'm hungry. You want some pastries?" I nodded. We'd decided to eat the pastries first so they didn't go rotten or something. The berries would preserve way easier.

I grabbed an anonymous pastry, dipping my hand in the bag and shuffling it around to pull out a blueberry muffin. Blueberry muffins were one of my personal favorite foods.

We both took bites out of our respective foods, An having chosen a simple roll. Although they were a small bit harder than they would have supposed to be, it was food, and I wouldn't complain about my belly being full and not empty.

After eating, we grabbed our sack and backpack. "So... we're looking for another village?" I asked An, and she nodded. "It might be hard to find, but we won't last on a sack of food forever." I nodded in agreement.

So, we set out. We walked for about three days, in the cold, even though we got used to it after a while. But, we still enjoyed spending nights together under the stars in whatever shelter we could find at the end of the day, sometimes just out in the snow in some ditch.

The search continued, until one day, I heard something crunch in the nearby snow. "What's that?" I whispered to An, who seemed to hear it too. "I don't know... maybe an animal?" It sounded again, and sounded like footsteps.

"A person! They could be a Viper!" I said, looking at An with wide eyes. An looked back at me, and we simultaneously ducked behind a nearby pile of snow.

The crunching was only getting closer, the snow sounding crushed under the person's footsteps. They didn't sound good. I imagined what fate awaited us. We'd be captured and sliced alive in front of our village. I felt vomit rising up in my stomach as I thought of the possibilities.

It got louder and louder as the person loomed closer to us. An grabbed her dagger in self-defense. I grabbed the bag of food, ready to... I don't know. Hit them with it? Fear practically emanated off us. An unsheathed her dagger. And then the steps stopped.

"Hello?" A voice said. Male, audibly. But a bit softer. "I know you're there." An jumped out at him, aiming the dagger at his throat. He screamed. I got up from the pile of snow.

What lay there didn't look like an enemy at all. He was a split blue haired boy, one side lighter than the other. His skin was a bit paler than mine and An's and from what I could tell, his eyes were gray and he was a lot taller than both of us.