Chapter 12 ~ it's going to be ok ~

Pat had already instructed his staff to make a room available for Wit and Masa so he showed them to it, Wit had slept over loads of times so he could have just directed them but he felt he should be a little more attentive under the circumstances, that and the fact he wanted to impress the new face. 

He hadn't been made aware of an additional guest so he whispered to his staff to get another room ready and when they reached the first room they all lingered for a while. 

"I hope the room will be comfortable for you Masa?" Pat said

"what about me, you never say that to me when I sleep over" Wit said

"yeah well, your not a guest are you" Pat exclaimed

"dick" Wit snapped

"right back at ya" Pat snapped back

"seriously though, thanks for this mate" Wit said shaking Pat's hand and pulling him in to a bro hug

"no worries, you can just service my car for free for a whole year" Pat laughed

"I do anyway you cheap asshole" Wit laughed back

Masa and his assistant  watched their friendly but heated exchange with wonder, Masa because now he knew how wealthy Pat's family was, he was amazed at how close the two were and how down to earth Pat was and he was envious that he had he never been able to make good friends like this?

Ariki because he came from a culture where hierarchy was paramount, he was an assistant of lower ranking therefor he should know his place and he would never speak to a superior as the man Wit was doing right now.

Ariki acknowledged that Masa had never treated him badly and didn't act superior but they never shared friendly banter. Masa had been raised in the same culture as Ariki so it wasn't too surprising but he was a good boss not to mention he chose to work in a lower ranking environment but some might say that he was just eccentric.

Wit and Pat stopped cursing at one another and realized the other two boys were watching them. 

"sorry guys, we forgot we were in company" Wit said.

"apologies" Pat directed towards the assistant Ariki then to Masa.

"I think your room should be ready now Ariki, please follow me" Pat said while looking at Wit and winking.

Masa noticed the wink and ask Wit if Ariki san was going to be safe?

"sure, you know what Pat's like, he likes to flirt but he's a good person, he won't do anything bad to your assistant Masa"

"I'm sorry about all this Wit" Masa said once they were left alone.

He looked kind of sad so Wit walked up behind him and kissed him on his cheek

"don't be sorry, it's not your fault, I'm sorry your holiday has been ruined and that my time with you has been interrupted" Wit commented.

"you're not scared are you?" Wit asked him.

"not really, you already know I can defend myself, it's just another example that you don't know who your dealing with I mean, I only spoke to the man maybe twice at the most" Masa replied.

"I suppose we have to pity him really, he obviously likes you and he's built up this scenario in his own mind where you and he are together. I guess it's easily done but it's knowing where to draw the line. You can't go around threatening people and trying to force someone to like you back" Wit said.

"how did you get to be so wise Wit"

"my dad I guess, when this is all over I'll take you to visit him, I think you'll like him, my mum and brother" Wit said.