3

Lauren’s POV

Alex immediately did what I asked him to do. The three employees that he interrogate immediately confessed that it was from a gang member and a certain man named Jack ordered them to do it in exchange of money, same information of the other one and in the end he silenced them showing that they died in robbery and the other was in a car accident.

Alex is harsher than me when it comes to killing people, he didn’t gave them another chance, immediately killed them, depends on his mood, unlike me, but he respected my decision as long as it was me who will kill them in the end and I agreed.

“You know now that this Jack is an employee in JJToys and he easily infiltrates the delivery department so I’m sure he’s not just your simple staff, we don’t know if it’s his real name.”

“I’m beginning to think of that too,” and I sighed, “they didn’t give any other information aside from that fictitious name?”

“Nah, that’s why I killed them, they’re more afraid of Jack than me, bro, it hurts me.”

I chuckled at his whining, “they didn’t know you that’s why.”

“Yeah, anyways, Jack is the leader and DJ called me when I send the pictures to her, she said that they caught two of the members of the said gang, I’m going to confirm it then I will immediately went back to you.”

“Careful, then.”

“The same goes to you.”

“Yeah, see you.”

"See you."

And the call ended.

“Ms Michelle,” Norma said.

“What is it?”

“DJ sent me this.”

She handed me her phone and showed the picture after I saw it she deleted it immediately.

“I notice 3 of them had the same design,” and she handed a folder.

I accepted the folder and flip it open.

“I notice that they employed the same date and guess who gave them the final interview.”

“Shawn Mendes,” I guessed.

“Yes, Miss.”

“Your investigation ends here, Norma, let me handle the rest,” I said quickly because I don’t want Norma to be involved in this and it’s better if she focused more on the company.

“Copy that, Miss.”

“Focus on the company, leave the cartel to us.”

“Copy that.”

“Thank you, for this.”

“They’re not alone.”

“I know.”

Norma nodded, “Mr Mendes just arrived.”

I nodded then Norma left.

I emailed Bea earlier before talking to Alex, informing her to take the day off on the day of the board meeting, because that same day Shawn Mendes will be stripped down from his position as COO of JJToys.

Narrator’s POV

On the other side of Miami, a man was being beaten by couple of men, he’s bloodied but the men who beat him didn’t stop until the other men ordered those men to stop and it followed him.

“I want to ask you again where are my packages?” he asked between gritted teeth.

The man on the ground, grumbled, struggling to speak, “I don’t know—only those… three knows…where they are...” and he coughed then spit the blood.

The man fumed and kicked the man’s stomach, “IMBECILE!! That’s why I’m asking you! I ORDERED YOU FOUR! Now they’re dead so I am asking you!! What did I tell you, huh? Go and join them and kill your co-worker. Simple!”

“The trucks already gone when I went back to the warehouse…”

“YOU’RE AN IDIOT!! DON’T GIVE ME THAT FUCKING EXCUSE!!” he screamed shaking the man as if he can get useful information of the whereabouts of his packages then he stood, took the gun on one of his men and never doubted to shot the man, emptying the bullets of the gun until it clicked, reminding him that all of the bullets are unloaded then he throw the gun to the deceased man hitting the dead man on its face, “take him away from here!” and he took the scotch to his table and drank it.

The men took the dead man and carry him outside of the office.

“Boss, we need to tell Jack about this.”

“SCREW HIM!! I LOST 10MILLION DOLLARS BECAUSE OF HIM!!” and he threw away the glass that shattered on the floor.

“What are we gonna do?”

“He always think of himself just like before, follow him and report to me what he always do, add Karla to your list.”

“Yes, boss,” and he left, leaving the fuming man.

The man took his cigarette and put it on the ashtray drilling it angrily, “you’re gonna pay for this Shawn!” he said between gritted teeth, “but I still need you,” and he smirked.

***
LAUREN grumbled from her sleep when her phone rang insistently, she rolled to the side and grab the noisy device, she took it and saw in the screen that it was Alex, so she answered it, “what is it?” she asked while getting up, she held her head shutting her eyes tight.

“Our men found a dead body near the creek, same tattoo.”

Lauren alerted and her mind quickly worked up, “what happened to him?”

“He was being beaten and shot, looks like all of the bullets in a cartridge emptied on his body, I’m sending you the picture.”

Her other phone beep so she grab it, it was from Alex, she opened it and saw the dead man.

“Did you received it?”

“Yes, I know him, he’s one of my employee in the delivery department.”

“Looks like they already knew that we destroyed their packages, bro…”

“Yeah, Alex, call Krystoff, tell him to analyze what kind of gun that is used to that man and you already know what to do to the rest.”

“Got it, careful.”

“You too.”

And the call ended.

Lauren deleted the picture that was being sent by Alex, she’s sure that tomorrow it will be a talk to the company, especially in the delivery department like what happened to the three.

Lauren’s POV

As I expected to happen, I heard some of my employee talks about the men in the delivery department but when they saw me they immediately fell silent, I didn’t paid them attention just continued to walk towards the elevator. My phone rang after stepping inside the exclusive elevator then I took my phone in my pants and answered it.

“I already deployed our men, Krystoff said that it was easy because the owner of the gun was an escapee from penitentiary 2yrs ago, they had his current location and we’re following the police right now.”