2

Narrator’s POV
On the other place in Miami, there was a woman doing house chores nonstop, every minute she glanced at the clock, she was waiting for 5:30pm to strike because it’s her time to make dinner because her husband, Shawn Mendes will be home at exactly 6pm and she needed to take care of him in his every single needs because if she don’t, she will experience hell again like she always do and her name is Karla Mendes who never leaves the house.

Karla’s POV
I am scrubbing the floor in the kitchen, that is my last chore for this day while keeping my glance at the wall clock of our house or rather Shawn’s house because he treated me like a slave not his wife it worsened when I heard him talking thru his phone that there will be a new CEO of JJToys where he works while he’s the COO for 4yrs now.

He is an ambitious man, if he wants something he will surely take it whatever it takes and he didn’t care of the consequences, and never hesitate to use a human just to achieved what he wanted, for short he is a selfish bastard, a complete asshole.

He was furious at that moment and in order to bend his frustration he hit me until he get satisfaction, if not hitting me, he will forced me into sex.

I don’t understand why even until now I didn’t get pregnant even though I always feel his seed seeping inside me every time we had sex, yes sex and it disgust me, because there’s no feelings involved, but I sometimes felt dizzy and I just shrug it off. I didn’t love him at all, he just wanted to marry me, marrying him is like signing a never ending contract, a never ending hell that I need to go through until my last breath.

When and how we met, I will tell you, bringing you back to the year when I was still a kid, let’s just say 6 when I began to understand things especially what is happening around me.

All my life I know that my name is Karla Estrabao, my mother Angelique Estrabao always reminded me that my father never cared for us even after I was born in this world the reason why she left him, that he will only give me hell in the future, for that only reason I began to hate my father.
I was 5 when my mother sold me in the gang that was based in Mexico, we crossed the border of Pakistan when a certain powerful cartel annihilate their hideout so from Mexico to the border of Spain then Afghanistan, I began my work as a slave in that filthy org. after a year we move again to Guam then next to Cuba where it all began. I began to deliver a sachet of drugs, putting it inside my panty for the police force not to get suspicious and it continued until I reached 12 where the buyer began to touch me in my most sensitive parts. I felt filthy of myself and began to curse my mother who sold me for just a bag of drugs. I hate her and also my father.

No one teaches me how to read and write, and it’s the only thing I want to learn but I understand things. Until I reached 16, that was the time I met Shawn, I feel his lustful eyes travels across my body that almost makes me vomit and I knew right away that the leader will easily give me to him because he’s his favourite and I’m not mistaken, they fake my birth certificate and Shawn and I got married after that. Even once I didn’t feel anything for him. I lost my virginity to him by forcing me. He hit me until he’s satisfied and it was another hell for me.

I’m 23 when I saw burned invitation card in the fireplace, I saw my name, Karla Mendes, I cringed to that name because I hate it. Good thing I know few alphabets from the other kids in the org. few days ago I heard him talking to himself and said that I will never be in any event of JJToys is having, especially in the inauguration of the new CEO of JJToys, Michelle Fuego. I widened my eyes when I saw that name, I already heard it from Shawn by cursing her, I felt my heart flutter, I felt excited all of a sudden, I wanted to meet her but seeing this burned invitation card I lost hope of seeing the woman. I thought I saw a light in this dark tunnel that I am taking but I am mistaken because that tiny light that flickers my hope was taken by Shawn.

Thrice a year I always saw an invitation card with my name on it and every single of that card even if it’s already burned I hide it to the place where Shawn will not think it’ll be there. I am glad that they still wanted to invite me even if I didn’t show in any of their events.

I was taken aback from my memory of thoughts when I heard a slam on the door that makes my heart beats rapidly, I looked up to the clock that almost snap my neck, he was early than I expected, I am nervous of what he’ll do, he was pissed and I’m sure he’ll throw it against me. I closed my eyes tight when I heard him screaming my name, again.

“KARLA! KARLA!! WHERE ARE YOU, YOU FUCKING FILTHY BITCH!!!?”

I ran to meet him and saw him in our shared bedroom.

“W-What is it?” I asked while quivering in fear, I felt his glare, his jaw tightened so I readied myself of what was about to come.

“WHERE DID YOU GO, HUH?!!”

And he pulled me harshly by my hair and pushed me down to bed.

“I always remind you to always be ready for me,” he said seething while discarding his clothing.

I felt my cheeks getting wet, I am crying again, I feel his anger and I couldn’t do anything about it because I’m weak until he was naked then he began to undress me, by yanking my garments with his strong hands. I tried to cover myself but he slapped me and began his conquest and that is by raping me.

His last words before he passed out were: You must be always ready for me because if you’re not you will not eat for the whole day, don’t cry in front of me because you’re ugly and blame Michelle for all of this.

I didn’t blame Michelle for it of course and if I blame anyone that will be my mother and Shawn. I actually sometimes think of my father, I don’t know but I felt that he’s been looking for me but I don’t want to hope because it’s always go down in the drain.

I jolted awake and quickly felt my body ache, I felt a heavy arm on my stomach which is from Shawn so I slowly and carefully take his arms away from me and I shivered in disgust. I froze when he move and turn his back on me, hearing his breathing then I rolled out of bed. Even though my whole body aches I forced myself to go to the bathroom to rub his sweat away from my body, his saliva, I always felt disgusted every time he touches me.

I entered the bathroom suite and locked the door then I slowly moved to the shower stall when I got view of my body on the mirror. I slowly turned around and saw my reflection. I am ugly, that’s what Shawn told me, he only marries me for my body and I already know that from the start, for his own satisfaction, I am his slave not his wife, I’m his wife in the paper only and I know that it’s fake but knowing Shawn he can make it authenticated.