9. My Obedient Fox

Ike saw Mysta went inside the bus so he followed him. Mysta didn't know that he was riding on the same bus with Ike. He sat next to the window and put his headphones on. He closed his eyes and listened to a soft music. Mysta fell asleep during the ride. After 20 minutes, he finally opened his eyes slowly. He felt someone was sitting next to him so he slowly turned his head to see who it was. He saw a pale guy sitting next to him while sleeping. The slow music was playing inside Mysta's head as he watched Ike's sleeping face peacefully. He never realized he was staring at the guy's face for too long until Ike suddenly opened his eyes. He rubbed both his eyes with his hands and looked at Mysta. Mysta immediately looked away. Mysta tried his best to focus on the outside by looking through the window glass as he felt Ike staring at him. He pretended that he couldn't hear.

"I'm sorry, I didn't really mean to sit next to you" Ike's voice was not too loud but Mysta could hear it clearly. Ike knew that Mysta would feel uncomfortable when he finds him sitting next to him. A lady rode on the bus and Ike imediately offered his seat to the lady.

Mysta saw Ike bit his bottom lip as the guy bowed his head while holding on the iron bars. Ike tried bowing his head as far as he could and tried his best not to look at Mysta so the rebel guy won't be mad at him.

Mysta saw that childish behavior and his heart was pounding crazily. Ike looked like a baby cat as he bit his bottom lip every now and then as he glanced at Mysta who was constantly looking back at him. Mysta felt guilty. He wanted Ike to stay away from him, he wanted to hate Ike. But seeing Ike together with another guy, especially Shu who he believed is better than him in everything just irritates him. He hated how Ike ignores him at school because of Shu. Ike gave Mysta one last glance before he took off from the bus. He caught Mysta looking at him so he smiled bitterly. He couldn't manage to smile cheerfully in front of Mysta because he was afraid it might irritate Mysta even more. He mouthed the word 'Bye Mysta' and smiled at Mysta.

Mysta looked away and frowned, his heart was beating fast and he couldn't help but to clutch it with his hand. It's as if he was going to have a heart attack any time soon.

'Calm down, Mysta. You can't let him get you' he said to himself mentally. Later on, his phone vibrated and saw Ike's messages.

"Take care, Mysta. Don't skip dinner, okay?" -seen

Mysta tried to ignore the new message but he read it after a couple of minutes.

"I miss you like crazy<3" -seen

Mysta's heart was pounding like crazy and he felt a weird feeling in his stomach. He felt like throwing up or he was shaking like he had a fever. He turned off his phone and he saw his own reflection on the screen. He was blushing and he felt his face became even hotter.

"Dumbass, don't get carried away" He murmured.

"Excuse me?" the lady beside Mysta asked. She thought he said something to her so she asked.

Mysta awkwardly smiled at the lady and said, "Nothing"

•••

Mysta ate dinner with his mom.

"Are you sick?" his mother asked when Mysta started heading upstairs. Mysta frowned because of the question.

"No, why?" he asked back.

"Owh you don't usually eat dinner, I was worried you were sick, honey! Hahaha go to bed now!" his mother said with an evil laugh.

Mysta made a sarcastic sneer and went inside his room. Midnight came and Mysta decided to go out like what he usually do. He went out for a smoke and he met four guys skating in the street. He avoided them as he was about to pass by them but one of the guys called him.

"Hey dude!" the guy called Mysta so he turned his head towards them.

"Yeah?" He answered. The guy seemed irritated by his attitude and the way he speaks with still his cigarette in his mouth.

"I like your jacket" the guy said obviously. Mysta shrugged his shoulders as if telling that his taste of clothes was the best.

"Yeah! Me too!" He replied from a far and started skating away but the guys followed him. Mysta felt them following behind him so he stopped. Four against one was not that hard but he didn't mean to make conflicts. If he ever tried to mess up, he might not be able to go out at night because some of these guys' friends might hunt him at night for revenge.

"I assume you are smart enough to get what I mean, boy" the guy said as he held Mysta's hoodie. Mysta sighed and decided to take off his jacket and just give it away. Mysta wasn't able to hand his jacket to them because someone held the guy's neck and grabbed him away from Mysta.

Ike kicked one of the guy's leg and he stumbled on the ground with his knees. The boy was kneeling in front of Ike as the psycho guy stared at him blankly.

"Stay away from him" Ike warned the guy. Mysta couldn't speak nor think at this moment. The other guy was holding a knife under Mysta's throat and his neck was bleeding.

"Hey hero! You want me to slit this fella's neck right now?!" the other guy who was holding Mysta threatened Ike. His knife dug deeper on Mysta's throat. The rebel boy hissed in pain so Ike let go of the guy in his hand. He looked at the guy who was holding a knife with his cold pair of eyes.

"Go ahead, motherfucker" Ike said and stared at the guy.

"You think I know this guy? I'm in a bad mood today, so be sure to run as fast as you can after you kill him. You know I love chasing someone until they surrender to me." Ike said as his eyes turned darker while staring at Mysta.

"Now, I'll give you a choice. Let me play with him a little longer while you run..." Ike said and looked at Mysta with dead eyes.

"...Or let me kill you all at once. You wanna go first?" Ike gave them a creepy smile which made the four guys shake in fear and run away. Mysta fell on the ground with his hand covering his bleeding neck. He looked at Ike who was turning his back on him. He expected Ike to ask him if he was alright and give him a piggyback ride at least.

"I'm sorry for intruding. I'm going now" Ike said. He was making a sad face but Mysta didn't saw it. He didn't want Mysta to see it. Ike's knuckles were bleeding and Mysta noticed it.

'What did he do to his hand?' Mysta asked himself mentally. Ike started walking away as Mysta watched his back.

"What do you think you're doing, Ike Eveland?!" Mysta asked Ike with a growl.

"Following your command, I'm staying away from you. But remember, I'm always around you. I'll never stop protecting you" Ike said and gave Mysta a bitter smile.

"What if they'll come back and get me?!" Mysta yelled.

"They won't, Mysta. Trust me" Ike said and started walking away slowly.

"Stop!" Mysta shouted. Ike follows everything what Mysta says so he stopped.

"Come back" Mysta demanded with his blushing face burried under his palm and his other hand still holding his wounded neck.

"Say 'please'" Ike said with a grin but Mysta didn't saw it. He was too embarassed to look at Ike. He thought Ike is a sadist for making him say those words.

And obediently, Mysta just made the psycho fall for him even deeper. He covered his face with his palms from embarrassment, "Please, Ikey Wikey. Come back here and carry me"

Ike secretly smirked, "You're still my obedient fox afterall"