25. Body Language

AT THE public market...

"This place is so stinky, I want to puke somewhere. Shubert, don't you agree?" Luca said while wearing a protective face mask.

Shu ignored Luca as he continued talking with some of the vendors who obviously were happy seeing the good guy around. Luca has never been to a public market in his whole life. Shu knew that fact but the spoiled brat insisted he would follow Shu everywhere.

'It's just a public market. There's no harm in going there, right, Shubert?' Luca asked Shu a while ago.

"Hey Shubert, can we go back now?" Luca asked with a pleading voice as if he would throw up anytime soon. The smell of the fish, the raw meat, the flies and the dried vegetables on the ground gave Luca enough reason to back out. As a child who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he just found those things nasty. Shu glared at Luca as he reminded the spoiled brat.

"I told you not to come with me. Now you're just disturbing me. I cannot even choose the proper items my father wanted me to buy because of you. You're really troublesom-" Shu didn't happen to finish what he was going to say because Luca covered his mouth and said, "Please Shubert, I'm going to get sick"

Shu rolled his eyes as he lend the bags to Luca and pulled the taller guy's hand, dragging him out of the place. Luca didn't protest as he let the smaller boy drag him harshly outside the public market. They went inside a big pharmacy to buy medicine.

"What's the medicine for?" Luca asked as he felt he was getting better and his breathing turned to normal.

"It's for my father" Shu said as he picked a priority number near the counter and handed it to Luca who was currently sitting on one of the benches. The day was Sunday so there were a lot of people inside the place.

"This is the receipt, give it to the pharmacist once your costumer number is called." Shu said as he looked down at Luca who was currently looking up at him, staring as he realized how cute Shu looked on that view: Him sitting on a bench and Shu standing in front of him between his parted legs.

"Stop dozing off. You wait here for me, I'll go back to the market. You buy father's medicine, got it?" Shu said as if he was talking to a child who never seemed to understand things easily. Luca nodded and smiled.

'He's acting like a girlfriend' Luca thought as he tried not to smile.

"Wait for me here" Shu said and left the spoiled brat. 

"Number 68? Number 68 please?" the lady said and Luca made his way to the counter. He handed her the paper and the lady said, "Is it for your father, sir?"

"Ahh, no. My friend's father" Luca said. He wanted to say it was his boyfriend's father, he wished. The lady nodded and looked for the medicine and placed them inside the small tray.

"That would be XXX, sir" the lady said as Luca remembered Shu didn't give him money. The spoiled brat chuckled as he got his own wallet from his pocket and paid the bill. As Luca went outside the store, he decided to get back to the market where he remembered Shu was. He planned to tease Shu for not giving him money for the medicine. He always wanted to see how cute the guy blushes when he is embarrassed.

•••

"Here, thank you. Please come again" the vegetable lady said to Shu as she returned her kindness with a smile. Shu just finished buying the things he needed to buy and planned to go back to Luca. He felt weird and wondered why his extra money was a bit bigger than usual. He usually computes the budget accurately. Gasping, Shu realized he didn't give Luca the money for the medicine. Shu mentally slapped his face as he rushed towards the exit.

"How come I didn't notice?" Shu murmured while stomping one of his feet silently.

Luca was heading towards Shu while the smaller boy made his way towards the poor spoiled brat he left in the pharmacy. Luckily, Luca saw Shu in the middle of the crowd. Shu didn't notice Luca and he was about to rush towards the opposite direction when Luca called him.

"Shubert, I'm right here!" Luca shouted without minding the eyes of other people on him. He was waving his two hands with the medicine bag and smiled widely. Shu saw Luca from a far and he immediately walked towards the taller boy. Panting, Luca too made his steps longer as he approached Shu. Unfortunately, an old man was not able to notice that Luca was walking beside his fish displays. The old man was carrying a black basin with water inside it, not the clean water but the used ones. The water that the old man used for cleansing the raw fishes was thrown right unfortunately towards Luca's direction. The stinky smell tickled Luca's nose as he was about to explode out of disgust and anger. Luckily, Shu immediately dragged him away from the old man. The man felt sorry for Luca and so was Shu. The good boy just made the right decision or else Luca would freak out and might scold the old man for being careless. That would definitely bring disaster and Shu knew that Luca would regret afterwards when he already calmed down. Luca did his best to cover the medicine inside the bag underneath his shirt and silently handed the bag to Shu.

"I'm sorry if I left without giving you money. I'll pay you once we get home." Shu murmured, guilt and embarrassment written all over his face.

"I got no more pocket money to buy new and clean clothes" Luca said honestly while pouting.

"Your clothes from before were still in my closet. You can use them" Shu said when he remembered he was not able to return Luca's Jersey uniform yet.

"Yeah, and you owe me a dinner" Luca said while grinning, not minding the stinky smell in his clothes and the disgusted face of the people passing through them.

"I think you should change right now" Shu concluded. Shu bought a  not so decent pair of clothings including a local branded underwear. He handed the clothes to Luca and accompanied the spoiled brat to a public comfort room. Luca barely touched the clothes but he wore them anyway. He put the stinky clothes inside the plastic bag Shu provided him and went out of the cubicle. The scrunching face of the popular guy was welcomed with a wet wipes on his forehead. Luca frowned when he realized that Shu was wiping his own arms to remove the unpleasant smell.

"Just bear with it for now. You can shower all you want when we arrive at my house." Shu said as he handed the wipes to Luca.

Luca pouted and started wiping his face. He flinched when Shu helped him wipe his neck and arm.

Luca's heart was beating so loud that he was afraid Shu might hear it. Shu realized what he did and withdrew his hand. He never intended to give Luca another wierd conclusions. He really just wanted to help Luca dry fast. But it would never changed the fact that Luca liked Shu wiping his neck.

Before Luca could say anything to tease Shu and make the smaller boy feel self-conscious, he just stared at Shu in awe.

"I just want to help, it would take forever if you don't hurry up. You know what I mean" Shu said as he avoided Luca's gaze.

"Oh?" Luca said absentmindedly

"Thanks" he added as he averted his gaze away from Shu. The spoiled brat was blushing sheepishly.

He giggled, "I don't really mind you wiping my face tho"

Shu pretended not to hear the last phrase.