60. Remember 💙🧡

"I wanna eat white chocolate" Shu said while clinging unto Luca's arms. The two of them were sitting on the sofa while looking out for Ike. Mysta had to go home to tell his mother about Ike's condition.

"Sure, how many bars do you want?" Luca asked Shu. His eyes only focusing on Shu looked hopelessly in love. Ike just watched the two flirting with each other in front of him.

"Hey Shu baby, since when did you become so shameless?" Ike scoffed and smirked. Both Luca and Shu laughed. 

"Now you even start to think and talk similarly with Mysta" Shu said and smiled. Luca would badmouth Ike just for a little bonding and didn't mean it in a rude way. Like what friends do, fooling around and saying silly jokes. He just wanted to maintain the small fights he had with Ike for fun and memories. The two would just laugh it off and it often ended up with Luca taking care of Ike some other time if Shu's schedule is fully loaded, and if Mysta had some important errand to do that has something to with Ike.

AT HOME

"Honey, how's Ike?" Mysta's mom asked him. Mysta replied with a bitter smile. He looked at his mother and rested his forehead on her shoulder.

"Mom, please tell the teachers that I won't be going to school for awhile. I will be with Ike 24/7 and I'll be home very often. Mom, please cook nutritious food for Ike at least everyday. And also-"

"Honey" his mother's word interrupted him from talking.

"I understand that Ike is the only person you see as your closest friend. I know you'd been around him most of the time. I assumed that he is the closest person to you. But hon, do you really have to go this far for the sake of a friend? Please don't drop out of school. I won't stop you from visiting him everyday and I'll come with you if I have time. But please don't stop going to sch-"

"He needs me the most right now, mom. Please" Mysta said while looking at his mother's eyes. Mysta's mom saw those dead eyes reflecting on his son's.

"What would you do if I tell you that I'm doing all these because I'm in love with him?" Mysta asked. His lips twitched as he saw the reaction of his mother. He knew it would be useless to hide it from her if she wouldn't approve his decision.

"Mom, he needs me and I love him. School can wait but he can't. I want to make him happy. Mom, please, I'll never demand for anything starting from now on. Please, allow me this time" Mysta begged as he hugged his mother tightly. His face buried on his mother's chest while feeling the comfortable caress on his head.

Mysta's mom was too surprised to even decide how to react. She had never seen Mysta this desperate before. She thought her son must be really in love with his boyfriend that he would choose him over education and his own future.

"I understand, honey. Okay, okay, we'll do it your way. I'll talk with the school. I'll definitely cook for Ike. You must be missing him already, why don't you go back there now?" Mysta's mom said with a gentle voice. Mysta knew that he had such a great mother for giving him unconditional love and accepting him for who he is.

Mysta headed towards the asylum and saw Vox sitting on the bench outside Ike's room.

"Vox? Why are you here? Why don't we get inside?" Mysta asked with a forced smile as he held the doorknob.

"I don't want to get inside for now. I can't take it" Vox said and bowed his head. He looked exhausted and gloomy. Mysta twitched the side of his lips and opened the door, only to see Ike kissing Shu's hand devotedly. Luca on the other hand was leaning against the wall, frowning. Ike was given permission to lessen the wearing of straitjacket as long as he is being monitored.

"What's going on here?" Mysta asked. Confused as he saw Ike devotedly kissing Shu's back of the hand, Mysta pulled Shu's hand away from Ike gently.

"He was having an odd behavior since you left. He kept looking for you and won't calm down. I tried to persuade him that you're on your way. Then, he started calling me by your name" Shu said and Luca immediately held his lover's arm. He almost drag Shu away from Ike the moment he got the chance to interfere.

Mysta looked at Ike as he sat on the bed. He smiled at Ike who was now frowning at him like a child having a tantrum for not giving him the toy he wanted.

"I'm right here, baby" Mysta said and caressed Ike's face. Ike got mad and slapped Mysta's hand with all his strength. He looked confused as he stared at Mysta and asked, "Who the hell are you?"

Mysta smiled bitterly and said, "It's Mysta"

Ike frowned as he looked at Mysta with disgust, "You're not my Mysta. Mysta is right there" pointing Shu. Mysta nodded at Luca for them to leave first.

Ike started to panic when Shu walked away, Mysta immediately stopped him from struggling.

"Mysta! Mysta! Where are you going?! You said you're not gonna leave me again! Mysta!!!" Ike's cracked voice broke Mysta's heart. He was hugging Ike who was desperately begging Shu (his Mysta) to stay.

"He's not going to leave you. Mysta is not going to leave you. He'll just buy you white chocolate. Mysta's never leaving you" Mysta said while rubbing the back of Ike smoothly. Ike calmed down a bit and it took longer for him to recognize the real Mysta. Mysta was rubbing Ike's hand with soft towel in warm water.

"How are you feeling, baby?" Mysta asked. Ike looked at him, eyes filled with affection.

"Baby, what happened to me earlier?" Ike asked and caressed Mysta's tired face.

"You've mistaken Shu as me. Luca was really jealous when he saw you kissing his boyfriend's hand" Mysta pouted. Ike chuckled as he could not recall what he had just done.

"And I'm jealous too." Mysta said and bowed his head. He decided to lift up his head or his tears might fall again.

Mysta remembered what the doctor told them: When a person is suffering from mental illness, it's common to have confusion about time, place and identy of people, that includes family members and close friends.

Mysta sighed and remembered what his friend Shoto said to him once when the guy was broken hearted.

"Mystababe, when you're inlove and confident enough that the person is already the one you want to spend your life with, and then suddenly, she's starting to get away from you. You suddenly feel that she doesn't love you anymore, you'll probably look back to the times where you used to be so happy alongside with each other. You'll began to savor the moments you shared once"

He remembered his friend smiling bitterly at him while saying, "The moment you start to look back and miss those times is the moment that you begin to feel that the person isn't really capable of maintaining his love for you. Then, you'll realize, she wasn't really meant for you"

Mysta sighed and thought, 'I can't believe I'm remembering every little thing you did to me in the past right now'

"Mysta, I'm starting to forget the times I wanted to remember forever when I'm with you. Can you start recalling them for me every single day? I'm scared I'll forget about everything." Ike asked and patted Mysta's head softly. Mysta chuckled bitterly and bit his bottom lip. He looked at Ike and said, "Sure"

"Remember those memories? When we were young...you said you'll never get over me no matter what I do to you... Also... "