Chapter 2: Recover

It had taken almost 2 months for Eli to make anything close to a recovery. A large wound caused by some glass had left a nasty scar under his right eye, while he could still feel the pressure in his chest every now and then. The doctors still called it a miracle. Eli couldn't count the number of times he'd been told that, normally, he would have died with the injuries he had received.

On a positive note, his friends Kevin and Maria, who were with him at the time of the accident, managed to come out of it with nothing more than a few scratches. This was mostly thanks to Eli pushing them out of the way, though.

Kevin was a large, well built lad with arms that might be bigger than Eli's head. Though he was a very gentle idiot, in Eli's words. His hair was short and blonde, with light blue eyes, and a square looking face.

Maria was short and thin, but anyone who knew her well would know not to piss her off. She had long orange hair, a freckled face, and glasses she neglected to wear half of the time, with brown eyes behind them.

They visited him often in the hospital. At least a few times a week. These visits consisted anywhere from Kevin asking for help with coding, to news about classes. Supposedly, a new girl named Amber joined their class as a transfer student. Their project was failed automatically by one of the teachers as Kevin failed to show up to their presentation. This annoyed Eli, but somewhere he felt happy Kevin didn't get forced to be a stuttering mess alone in front of the class.

"We'll just have to go for the redo," Eli had mumbled at a time he couldn't even get out of bed properly.

In the times where he was alone, Eli's mind would wonder about the white haired Goddess; Lilly. She mentioned he wouldn't remember her, yet there she was, fresh on his mind.

"Maybe it really was just a dream..."

It wouldn't be too long before Eli could finally attend class again. To be honest, he didn't mind being home most of the time. Traveling to school with the train or the bus wasn't favorable. Not to mention, Eli barely knew any of his classmates properly, so half of the time he's stuck in awkward small-talk.

It was time for another boring day of school. At least, that's what he believed. Himself, Kevin, and Maria sat down in the back of class as usual. A few classmates had already come by to check how he was doing or to comment on his new scar, but besides that nothing much happened.

That was, until someone sat down to him. Someone familiar. A girl with with long, straight white hair that flew down to her hips. Her eyes bright red, and her face looked small and soft, much like her body. Though she was wearing a button up shirt I stead of a white dress this time around.

"Ah, Amber," Maria said with a pitched up voice. "This is Eli! Eli, this is Amber!"

Lilly, supposedly Amber, let out a slight smirk. "Nice to meet ya!"

"Lilly?"

Her smirk contorted into a wide-eyed panic. But only for a moment. Soon enough she looked like her old calm self again.

"Lilly," Maria questioned.

"We just said her name was Amber, dude," Kevin filled in.

"No, no, don't blame him," Amber said as she waved her hand. "Eli and I are childhood friends. My full name is Amber Lilly Marryfeld, and he used to call me Lilly! Didn't think you'd recognize me and ruin the surprise, Eli."

"Go with it," she whispered in response to Eli's confused look.

"Oh, so you know each other? Perfect!"

Maria looked quite pleased. Though Eli wasn't sure what to do now.

"Let's keep it a secret for now," Lilly whispered again as she bent herself towards his ear.

"We'll talk later, but for now I can be your civilian Goddess."