Chapter 23: A talk with Dea

As Eli laid down in bed, he closed his eyes. He tried to think and focus. All he wanted right now for sure was to talk to this Dea. This true goddess. If she was truly in his head, he wanted her to be there right now so they could discuss things.

He tried this for a long while, even though it felt like he made very little to no progress at all. After a long while of trying this, he fell to his tiredness of the long day, and drifted away.

That's when he woke up again, but not in his room. He was on some kind of beach, he believed. Though the sand was pure white and the water was a yellow like orange type of colour, as if a setting sun was reflected into it.

"Oh good, another dream world," Eli exclaimed, hoping for an answer. "You magical beings or reality benders or whatever really love doing this stuff, huh?"

"We do, I suppose," a woman's voice said. Eli recognized the voice somewhat. It's the same one as the one that had spoken to him. The voice that called itself Dea. Eli looked around to see if he could spot her. Finally, near the edge of the water, was a tall lady with long white hair. Her eyes were golden, and she had a kind smile. Her body was both thin and well matured, somewhat similar to Lilly, but Eli's eyes were locked onto her face more than anything. It was a bit hard to see as her entire body was radiating some kind of glow or lighting.

"Makes sense I guess. I like this beach a lot more than Madros' weird stone platforms in the void."

"Why, thank you," Dea laughed as she held her hand up to her mouth. "I like it too. It makes me feel calm."

"Does Mandros know you're in here," Eli asked.

"He does not," the goddess assured. "Even in any conversation you have about me or where I'm mentioned, I have enough power left to completely erase my presence from his point of view."

"Well, if you have so much power-"

"My power is failing," Dea answered before Eli could properly pose the question. "Fleeting at best. After all, I have been dead for a good few hundred years."

"I suppose so," Eli sighed. He looked into the sunset that did not have a sun present. Maybe it was the goddess' body that made the water glow.

"So how are you here then? In my body?"

"I did a reincarnation before it was cool," Dea said, which Eli assumed was an attempt at a current day joke. "But instead of random reincarnation inside of a human soul, in my last moments I attached myself to Mandros. While he was playing god there was nothing I could do, as I was barely the thought of a spectre. But after Kacey killed him and he was in the same state, I gained some power over him. Yet since Kacey kept killing the humans he reincarnated in too, I never got the chance to get anywhere close to being properly aware that I still existed."

Eli looked over to Dea's face. She looked sad.

"Does that mean Madros is the closest to properly reincarnating in my body more so than the other before?"

The goddess nodded. "It does."

Eli groaned. "Do Kacey and Alexander know about that?"

"It's hard to say." Dea looked over at Eli and winked. "I assume they know, but because I'm here, and out of respect for Lilly, they're not sure what to do."

"Is Madros really that much of a bad guy? Is he really that big of a threat to the world?"

"I have a feeling," Dea sighed, "that if he takes over again it will not be as easy to stop him. In fact, he might change reality altogether to serve him, I suspect. At the very least put Kacey, Alexander, Lilly, and the others into some unimaginable torture of some sorts I bet."

Eli rubbed his chin. "Isn't Kacey as strong as he is? Can't they just beat him again with Alexander and Lilly's help?"

"That is possible. Though I suspect being reincarnated through someone like you, who's body is used to my essence too, will make Madros stronger than he used to be."

"That's stupid." Eli scoffed.

The goddess nodded and placed a hand on Eli's shoulder. "I think I know what you're thinking, Eli."

"Are you really?"

She nodded again.

"Do you think you'll be able to help me with it if I do it?"

It was Dea's time to sigh as she considered it.

"There is an old temple in Greece," she said finally. There is a chamber there I used to train Kacey and Madros when I first took them in. The only thing that can open and close, let alone break that glass chamber is my powers.

"And would it get rid of Mandros for good?"

"It would," Dea said with a soft voice. "Would this truly be what you want?"

"No," Eli admitted. "I think you know what I truly want. But I don't think it's possible like this."

"It's not. Sooner or later Madros would have enough power to reincarnate on his own. But you could help him do it quicker simply by allowing him to take your body's energy."

Eli let out a final sigh as he knew what he had to do in the near future. "Very well," he said finally. "Let's go make a deal with the devil."