Chapter 3: After class talk

After the lecture was over, Lilly was all too happy to take up Eli's request of speaking somewhere alone. Just the two of them.

Maria tried to follow them at first, but after Eli told her off, she gave up and took Kevin to the cafeteria.

Eli then took Lilly with him to the upper left tower next to the college's entrance. He knew nobody ever had classes there, only exams. And exams wouldn't be there for another few weeks.

"So," Eli said finally as he plopped himself down and on the blue rubbery bench the school had installed throughout the hallways of the building. "Are you the same Lilly I met two months ago?"

Lilly plopped down as well, but onto the cloud-like chair she summoned the last time they met as well. She flipped her hair over her head so it covered one of her eyes and gave Eli a smirk.

"Does that answer your question, pretty boy?"

"It does, yeah," Eli nodded. "What's with the nickname?"

"I think you're pretty... Wait shit do you not identify as male?!"

"I do, don't worry about that."

For some reason, Eli could feel a slight blush come up. He fought it away as he moved on in his mind.

"The doctors kept telling me I should have been dead with my injuries. I'm assuming I have you to thank for my survival?"

"I told you before," Lilly sighed as she pulled her hair away. "I healed you enough for you to be able to survive. Want me to do something about the scar?"

"No thank you," Eli denied.

"You sure? It'd be a shame for your pretty face."

"Listen, I'm glad you helped me. I'm very thankful. Truly, I owe you beyond anything I could muster.... But I don't want to be changed by godly powers any more than I already have been."

Lilly laid back fully, the cloudy chair once more changing with her.

"Want anything else," she asked him as she stared at the ceiling. "I could give you anything you want. Literally anything."

A lot of things crossed Eli's mind. Anywhere from helping the world, to lewd things, to selfish things. So much so that it started to hurt his head a bit. There were a lot of things he wanted in life. Things that Lilly might be able to fix for him so easily.

"No, I don't want anything from you," he said finally, already regretting it. "It doesn't feel right."

"You're a strange person, Eli."

Lilly sat back up. Her clothes had changed to a skirt that reached just about her knees and a pink top.

"You shouldn't change like that in the middle of the day," Eli warned her. "People will notice."

"People shouldn't notice," Lilly said calmly. "At least, when I do little stuff like this it should alter anyone's memories of what I had before.... Wait!"

Lilly jumped up and grabbed Eli's face. "What's up with you? Why can't I change your memories?"

"I don't know," Eli mumbled through his squished face. "Why is a god chasing me around?"

Lilly inches her face closer and closer until they were almost touching.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Eli?"

"I-" Eli's breath was heavy. He wanted to pull himself loose from her, but he couldn't bring himself to.

Lilly backed away after a few more seconds, twirled around, and winked.

"Well, for now you're stuck with me, Eli. Gonna need to keep an eye on you as long as you know who I am."