3

Working with Rita wasnt as annoying as I thought it would be. She wasn't really all that hard as she made herself to be like I said everyone in this industry is just trying to make it to the top. She was really having a good time with Dua being upset though but I wasn't. I missed her and I was trying my hardest to get her off my mind but nothing was working.

When she said she hated me it should have worked for me to move on faster but it didn't. I never wanted to hurt Dua and I finally did somehow. No one knows Dua the way I do, no one was there for all the bad things that happened to her.

•flashback•

"Maybe I should just quit all this I'm just delusional you hear me delusional" dua cries out

Dua was really scared to release her new album especially during this pandemic. We spent the entire pandemic together in her house but with her "boyfriend" as well. We were sneaking around in her house at night, she would come to my room around 2am and kiss me hold me. She says he's just a phase and she needed to get the attention from the public.

"Don't quit Dua your album is amazing and it's going to be well received" I say as I wipe her tears

"I wish everyone was like you you're the best thing that has ever happened to me"

She was holding me tight in her arms while we stared off the balcony. Luckily her house was facing the ocean so no paparazzi was around and we could do this a lot.

"I love you" dua says

My heart stopped and my body felt as it was paused. I couldn't believe what I just heard come out her mouth. It repeated multiple times in my head and i felt fireworks each time. She always just said love you or just random things that meant almost the same thing but she actually said it this time.

"Dua I love you so much" I say as I turn around and kiss her

•present•

"Guess who's nominated for the Brit's!" Rita screams

I shook a bit because I was distracted thinking about dua.

"Congrats Rita" I say not very amused

"Wow thanks for being so happy" she says

"Sorry Rita I'm just a little busy and there's you know other issues" I say

"You're getting hate from her fans aren't you? You know if she really cared for you she would defend you so I'm starting to understand why you left"

She was right I was getting a lot of hate but that wasn't bothering me at all until she just mentioned it now and Dua wasn't doing anything about it. I'm sure it was her way of saying that I'm a back stabber right?

"It's fine I never let it get to me anyways" I say

"Let's go get some drinks maybe that will make you feel better"

I want to say no but at this point I have nothing else to do anymore.

"Sure"

I grab my things and follow Rita out to her car. Things felt weird already it didn't feel right to do this because it would anger Dua more if she saw me out with Rita. Maybe it was better for her to actually hate me so she can forget me entirely and once that's done I can start to forget her too. It'll be like we never came into each other's life which to be honest shouldve just been like that since the beginning.

•flashback•

"Is it true Dua?" I say as I try to hold back my tears but I feel them slipping out

"It's not like I'm in love y/n cmon don't be upset"

"I'm just confused I thought we had something"

"We do it's just you know I appreciate you for everything you have done for me but I don't know I don't see you in a way where you know marriage"

I really didn't know how to feel right now. I felt hurt but I see what she means I never liked girls till Dua and she never said she liked them either. I don't find girls attractive unless it's dua so yea I don't know If I was really expecting marriage either. But why did she say it in that tone.

"Okay Dua but can we not mess around anymore then you know for my sake"

"Of course but you're still my best friend right?" She says

"Yes Dua I have to get going to the office" I say

"You know I love you right" she says not as a question but a claim

I just nod.

•present•

That was the day I met John at the office. He had already worked there but he talked to me that day for the first time and we hooked up that day for the first time. Let's just say Dua made sure it would never happen again. She's a very jealous person when it comes to me or anyone else now I guess.

"What would you like to drink?" The bartender says

"I don't drink thanks though" I say

"You don't drink? Why did you accept the invite then" Rita exclaims

"Yea she doesn't" I hear someone say

I turn to find John there by himself in the booth behind the stools. He wasn't very big and muscular he had a slim but hot body and he had his curly hair and tan skin. He starts walking towards us and sticks his hand out for Rita it shake.

"I'm John a friend of y/n" he says

"Nice to meet you John" Rita says as she gives he a sort of seductive stare

"Y/n I quit Duas" he says

Why is he mentioning this in front of Rita for gods sake? Why would he even quit I've told him plenty of times that I cannot and will not love him so for him to screw up his job was stupid.

"Why would you do that John?" I say as I shake my head

"She has been a jerk and you know it but she's convinced you pressured me into quitting so she says she will talk to you"

"Tell her to piss off" Rita says

"Eh I doubt she will she's a coward don't worry much John what you need to worry about is that job"

Yes I said this so Rita will hire him because I did feel a bit bad for him. I mean Dua hated him but he was good at his job so she never fired him she just treated him so poorly.

"Work for me John" Rita says

"Really? I'd really appreciate it!" John exclaims

"Yup you start tomorrow" she says

"Thank you you won't regret it I'll see you tomorrow I want to get well rested to perform my best for you" he says

Rita just smiles and nods.

"You didn't have to do that you know" I say

"Poor guy so I guess Dua is an asshole" she says

Dua isn't an asshole she never will be to me at least but I need to start viewing her that way to be able to move on. Like right now I should defend her but I no longer think I should since she can't defend me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Very unsure of this story but let's just keep it going 💀