7

The next morning she was gone again as always but this time I knew for sure it wasn't any sort of dream because she left her dirty dish on the table. Great. Around this time I always wondered where she was and who she was with and if her boyfriend was beginning to doubt in her or if he just continued to love her and trust that's she's only all his.

I got in my car and got reminded that I need to quit this job because Dua wants me too. I think I would have quit sooner or later anyways because I really couldn't stand seeing John and Rita because they both were related with anything to do with Dua. What dua doesn't know is that once I quit this I don't want to return to work with her but I want to just go back to learning more about music.

I walk into the building and John is by the coffee table.

"Can we talk please" he says as he hold his coffee and another in the other hand which I assume is for me so I'll only say yes because of that.

"Sure" I say as head towards my office and he follows

"Look maybe I was dumb for quitting my job and yes it was because of you but I understand now that I shouldn't force you into anything it's very unattractive I apologize" he says

Ugh why did you have to understand that you were a weirdo for doing that now I feel bad for what I'm going to do.

•flashback•

Once Dua gave me the job I had I really just dropped everything I was doing because I just wanted to be loyal to her plus I was going to be paid more than I wanted so I had nothing to complain about. She also hired other new people to her team. Some guy named John got my number yesterday. So much for being loyal right? But then again dua had a boyfriend so it wasn't as if she was loyal to me.

John was really charming and very pretty to look at he reminded me of a greek god in a way. He was in charge of the finances and such.

"You free for lunch?" He says as he knocks on the open door

All I am thinking about all the time is 'what would Dua think?' But I'm 100% she wasn't thinking the same for me whenever she would spend time with her boyfriend so a lunch date wouldn't do any harm.

"Yea yea I am actually" I say with a smile

I grab my bag and wrap my hand his hand since he had his positioned in the way I needed to.

"You look very beautiful today as always of course don't know why you're wasting your time here you should be a model or something" he says

I blush like an idiot

"You too John but I'm sure you know that"

"I don't but now I do" he laughs

We get to the restaurant around the corner and I see Dua with her boyfriend seated I've seen them together almost all the time but the way she looked at him while he talked she actually seemed in awe of him. I was trying real hard not to show any discomfort physically but John notices right away.

"Seeing the boss outside of work is weird isn't it we should go somewhere else" he says

I was going to try to act as if I didn't care but hey he's the one who mentioned going somewhere else. So we continue walking and there's this shed like sandwich place doesn't look very sanitary.

"It's not a very nice place to take a lady is it?"

"I think it's perfect trust me you do not need to impress me" I say because it's true but also because I wasn't going to be able to focus on him if Dua was around us. I found it so adorable he thought he needed to impress me.

The place had some stage and there was a drum set and guitar I couldn't stop staring at it because I assumed someone was going to play it.

"You play?" He ask

"I wish I've always wanted to but I never got to learn I know a bit but not enough" I say

It's true I've always had a passion for music I was doing double major in uni with English and music of course not for singing but maybe song writing or playing music.

"Well lucky for you I know both and more actually I was taught when I was younger so I can teach you" he exclaims

He goes up to the drums and he starts playing them. I was sort of fan girling over him right now. Anyone who did anything in music automatically was a big turn on for me. For a minute there I forgot all about her but music was only a bonus for liking Dua. She had much more things to admire but so did John.

•present•

Sometimes I wish I did love John because I know I would get the treatment I desired from Dua. There was point where I thought I did though but she always cleared up all my doubts.

"Yea you think but it's okay John boy I'm happy you understand now" I say

"I'll see you later then" he says

"I'm quitting today but I'm not going back to Duas I'm going to take up song writing maybe and you know instruments like I've always wanted to"

"Oh well at least you're not going back to Duas but hey you have my number if you need help with the music stuff" he says

God why was he being understanding all of a sudden.

"Thank you John we are still friends right?" I say

Wow now I sound desperate god what if he was reverse psychologing me or something.

"Of course always" he says as he leaves

Now I have to tell Rita. I walk into her office but she's not there obviously she's the star here so she never is so I decide just to leave a note.