Chapter 12: Comfort

The thought made me feel lighter as I made my way back to the main tunnel. DeAndre, Jace, and Dante no longer inhabited the spot where we left them. Though I couldn’t find Dante in the immediate vicinity, I did find the couple splayed on their blankets inside the nearest cave. Jace laid halfway on the ground with his head reclining against the wall, while DeAndre's head rested on his partner's chest with his eyes closed. I wasn’t sure if they had already chosen this cave or if they just needed a quiet place to fall apart. Either was fine with me, but I really didn’t want to interrupt, so I slowly backed out of the wide cave. Apparently not quietly enough.

Jace looked up at the sound of my shifting feet and smiled.

"Can I call this cave yours? I feel as if it's large enough to accommodate both of your heights, and wide enough to not feel claustrophobic," I spoke softly.

"We will take it," Jace whispered back. 

DeAndre didn’t move a muscle at the rise and fall of Jace’s chest. The poor soul was absolutely exhausted. Emotional healing cycles had a way of doing that.

“We’ll be moving in necessities later. You guys take a load off,” I smiled.

Jace nodded and went back to rubbing his lover's back. It was such an intimate gesture. One that I hadn’t felt for myself in such a long time. I tamped down the jealousy that sought to find purchase within my innate light. When it was time, Spirit would send me someone that would touch me in the exact way I would touch them, with all the love in our souls.

On that thought, my musings strayed to Arcania. I was certain the man was real, not just a vision. But he definitely did not exist in this dimension. The chances that he was just a guardian angel to me were substantial, but I also couldn’t ignore the way I felt when he was near. His energetic vibrations would cause my root chakra to absolutely quake. Currents of energy flowed over and under my skin, desiring to know the man that stood a number of feet from me. Even as I walked through the main tunnel the thought of him elicited the same reactions. The mere thought!

“Hey Sienna?” 

I mentally shook myself and glanced around for the voice. To my left I found Daniel watching me with that irritating expression on his face. He was almost plastered against the wall. I quickly realized that I must have passed him while I ruminated in my own consciousness. The possibility that I almost mowed him down was very high.

“Oh sorry! I was lost in thought. What can I help you with?” I apologized.

He stood silent and stared at me for a beat. I tried my best not to roll my eyes at the calculating look that graced his features. It was how he figured out the world and people around him. I wouldn’t begrudge him that. When his frown finally relaxed I breathed a sigh of relief.

“I had actually wanted to make sure you got a chance to see the storage room door, and also, I have the key to it right here,” he stepped forward and dropped the brown key into my palm.

"I did, and it of course looks great. I’ll probably get the bulk of things moved in tomorrow. Thank you Daniel," I smiled before turning back down the tunnel.

"I'm taking a page out of your book. No thanks necessary. Just doing what I can to help," chuckled Daniel.

I rolled my eyes at the use of my own phrase. I couldn’t shake the feeling that the saying was going to one day come back and bite me in the best way possible.

I laughed back, “That’s my line. Get your own.” 

“But sharing is caring,” Daniel chuckled as he made his way in the opposite direction.