Our father.... has been Kira

It doesn't take long before all the kids in Akira and Michael 's class start laughing.
And a few classmates start to point at them, "Haha...your father is Kira...your father is Kira".
"Our father is not Kira!!" Michael shouts angrily.
"Well true".
"Not true!...he is a good detective and policeman...along with our other daddy".
A classmate of theirs presses a piece of paper in Akira's face: "Look at this .... your father is depicted in this old newspaper as Kira!".
Michael looks at him: "Then he was Kira because he is no more".
Akira pulls the old newspaper from his hands and then, with burning eyes and a painful twinge in his stomach, looks at the gray white article and back to the large front page of the old newspaper from over eight years ago and sees a man standing there. He has brown hair and brown eyes just like he has. He's looking straight at Akira's face and he's wearing a white blouse with a red tie and he's carrying a brown book and he's holding a black book in his hands. Akira swallows a lump in his throat and feels his eyes burn again when he recognizes the man depicted in the article. His classmate is right. That's his father Light.
Akira is crying but he holds back his tears by biting his bottom lip hard. His little brother standing next to him has put his thumb in his mouth and he sees that Akira looks sad.
"What is it??" he asks him sweetly.
"Nothing....nothing".
Soon all their classmates start pointing at them and singing the cries and annoying childish songs that Light Kira was and may still be.
Michael looks questioningly at his class with a sad face: "Daddy is not a serial killer .... he is a very sweet man who can also make delicious food" he beams.

But no one seems to be impressed by whatever he says and claims.

What should have been a super fun day ends in a bad day for the two sons of L and Light. Akira even calls it the worst day of his life. The day he found out that his father was a serial killer in his past who has killed thousands of criminals and innocent people using nothing but a pen and a notebook.
Not just any notebook. But the dangerous death note book. Akira is furious and says nothing the whole drive back to school.