02: 21 | no.0ABAB5

~ Riya's POV~

" Do YOU remember me? Don't you, Riya?-" The voice continues to speak, in an unidentifiable tone, all scraggly, etched in distorted sadness; masked by sarcasm. 

" Who ARE YOU?!! Why am I here, AGAIN?!!!" 

" Oh. So YOU do know where we are at, right, Priyanka Dunlap? You should be thanking me ya' know, for covering for you earlier... Or, would you rather me call you Tempest, YOUR new ever-so suit of armour-esque NEW NEW name? YOU haven't uploaded on your blog in over a year or so, I loved reading your haikus, ya know? I especially like the one called 'no.0ABAB5.' But, there is something missing with this-" The voice taunts, annoyingly. I can hear the sound of someone ripping  paper and I smell the familiar scent of raspberry vape and marijuana off to the right of me. 

HOWEVER, I REFUSE TO OPEN MY EYES.

"DON'T YOU DARE, LOU!!! I said don't you dare-"

" Oh. Well, unless you allow me to read it out loud, eh? I won't rip it ohhh and the over hundred or so others if you do allow me to do so! Oh, and why so rude, eh? WE ARE LOVERS HERE, and lovers DON'T screech their balls off at each other, now do they?" The voice continues to chide, and places a familiar piece of brown paper near my eyes-

I OPEN MY EYES.

AND I SEE NO ONE.

AND HEAR NO ONE.

*****

I don't recall my life being the greatest. I don't recall ever being truly loved. 

But, it's not like I really needed to be loved.

All I had to do was numb the need to be loved, and the world moved on.

****

I blink once. 

The four figures are gone, and yet the place where I'm lying down remains the same last time I recalled.

I blink twice. 

A metal frame enclosing on a bed made of goose feathers, spiking my back, as I'm laying down, looking up at the ceiling. The ceiling has no fan, no piece of decor to look up at. 

Just a blank slate grey concrete wall. 

Silence fills the air as I look up at the ceiling, the palms of both my hands covering my stomach as it curdles, growling. 

It's been a while since I've last eaten. 

But... 

Where am I? 

What is this place?

This place which consists of four stone walls of misery; of loneliness. 

I AM NOT LONELY. 

I wonder if Raina is back in town again, I think to myself, rolling my eyes at the thought. After all, ever since Raina moved out of Mama's new husband's fancy spancy mansion, she's been praised by Mama and Dr.Dunlap who are proud that she decided to study abroad in London, after getting a scholarship for her bachelor's in Biotechnology. That perfect PERFECT girl.