Chapter 1: That Twitter Guy

Shaqir Shaqeef, otherwise known as Qeef looks at his phone. This is at least the 10th time he's been trying to get in touch with his girlfriend Jess for the last couple of months. He badly wants to tell her that he's finally got a job as a main cast. The hero. He tries to understand why Jess is ghosting him. He recollects the last date he had with Jess.

"I don't think you're going anywhere as an actor. You really have to try and find a real job instead. I'm saying this because I love you, Qeef. This is for our future. I don't want to have to be the one supporting a jobless husband. What would my family say? It's gonna be so embarrassing if I'm married to a deadbeat." Jess goes on and on pushing Qeef and warning him not to embarrass her further. According to Jess, it's embarrassing enough for her as his girlfriend that Qeef hasn't got a single big acting job for the last six months other than tiny supporting roles here and there.

"Why was I so stupid to think that she would stay and be by my side during my struggle? As if what she said wasn't hint enough that she was tired of me." Qeef says quietly letting out a breath of disappointment.

"I must have been too stubbornly infatuated by her that I didn't recognise the signs. How stupid can you be Qeef!?" Disappointment turned anger with himself. He should have known better than to think that Jess would stick around through thick and thin with him.

"Oh well, your lost. I will make sure that my being a successful hero in this drama would make you regret ever belittling me like that. You're gonna want me back and I'm gonna have someone else who appreciates me no matter what" promise Qeef to himself.

"What time is it now?" thinks Qeef looking at his watch.

"Oh no! I'd better make a move now or I'm gonna be late for the script reading. I know that Bettina is gonna be my heroine but I wonder who the other casts are."

Qeef starts his car and drives towards TV13 where the meeting is gonna be.

Eli is all packed up and anxiously waiting for Mama to take her to a script reading session. She's so thankful to have a mom who's very supportive of whatever she wants to do.

"Mom, hurry up please or we're gonna be late," yells Eli from the door, thinking that her mom is still upstairs.

"Asha Eliza, why are you yelling? You know I'm ready. I just need to find my driving glasses. Have you seen them?" Yelled her mom back. Yes, they live in a huge house but they are not even 6 feet away from each other.

"It's right here mom, by the door." Eli replies softly now knowing that her Mom is not that far away.

"Oh ok. Let's go." Says her mom walking out the door towards her car. Eli locks the door and proceeds to get into the passenger side.

"Are you ever gonna drive yourself to work, Eli?" Jest her mom.

"No, I love being a passenger princess" teases Eli back.

"If you're tired of driving me, just let me know and I'll find myself a handsome driver" Eli continues

"And make sure he's rich too"

"If he's rich, he's not gonna be my driver, mom. He would have his own driver" quips Eli

Fortunately for Qeef, the traffic isn't heavy at all and he arrives tv13 just in time. After enquiring where the meeting room for his script reading is gonna be, he proceeds to the designated room.

A few other actors are already seated at the big meeting table. To his surprise, his friend Nazir is also there.

"Hey bro, you are in this drama too?" Qeef asks for confirmation. He sounds so excited with the prospect of working with a good friend.