Chapter 4: That Cheeky Wife

It's been a month and a half since they last met. Not a single day goes by without Qeef thinking about Eli. It's like Eli is living rent-free in his head. He misses her so much; he can't wait to go to the shooting location. Today is the first day of shooting for My Cheeky Wife, and the first after a month and a half, which feels like a lifetime, of separation between them makes his spirit soar.

Qeef arrives an hour earlier than his call time. He needs the extra time to mentally prepare himself for the first scene, as the scene requires both of them to seriously play with their emotions. Thinking about it makes him nervous, but not as nervous as the prospect of seeing Eli's beautiful face after so long. The memory of their last day together floods his mind. They were both practically crying, even though they knew they would be seeing each other again.

Just as he is about to rehearse his lines, a familiar figure stands in front of him. Qeef looks up to find a pretty face that he misses so much smiling at him. His heart feels like exploding.

"Hello," says Eli to Qeef. Her cheeks are blushing at the sight of him. That ruggedly handsome face always makes her heart beats like crazy.

"Eli, hi!" he replies, smiling back at Eli. The scent of her perfume reminds him of how addicted he was to her smell back then.

Eli makes herself comfortable sitting next to Qeef. His dimpled cheeks sends butterflies down her stomach. He's clearly happy to see her, which is a good sign as she's been giddy and anxious about this since last night. She takes a look around the set, acknowledging the crew and the extras, and tries to see if she can find the director. Unfortunately, he's not within sight.

'I miss the set," she finally said after an awkward silence.

"Just the set?"

"Of course the casts too."

"Is there anyone in particular you miss the most?"

'Maybe," replies Eli, teasing. She doesn't exactly know why she said that, but it sorts of just came out. She smiles sheepishly, knowing that she's made a blunder by being a bit too honest. Qeef, on the other hand, saw this as an opportunity for him to try his luck.

"How about.. me?"

Eli held her breath for a second. She wants to say, "You're the one I missed the most!' out loud, but she doesn't want to lose her cool.

"What about you?" With a mischievous grin, she answered his question with another one. Sensing her playfulness, Qeef gave in. He leans forward towards Eli, looks her straight in the eye, and murmurs huskily, "Don't you miss me?"

"Oh good...you guys are here early! Come, let's talk about your first scene for a bit before you get ready." Bakri, the director of My Cheeky Wife, suddenly makes an appearance before Eli has the chance to answer Qeef's question. She puffed her cheeks and let out a breath of relief.

"Saved by Mr. Director," she says under her breath as they walk to the set.

It is a tough scene that requires Eli to seduce Qeef, enticing him with physical touches. Eli tries her best to stay in character. So does Qeef, who is sitting on a brown sofa in their living room set.

"And action!"  Bakri yelled for them to start. Eli walks slowly towards Qeef, trying to remember her line. Sitting on the hand rest next to Qeef, she leans forward provocatively.

"Abanggg...do you want me tonight?" Eli speaks her line. All that is in Eli's mind is trying to seduce Qeef according to the scripts, where she's supposed to caress his hands, his hair, his neck, and his ears, but all she can think of are his manly scent, his looks, his dimpled cheeks, his adam's apple and his warm breath on her face. Just the same, Qeef himself is heavily distracted by Eli's beautiful face, her plump lips, her long slender neck, and the heavenly allure of her perfume; to the point that when her face is just inches away from his, he's at war with his own feeling trying to stop himself from kissing her. Both of them are grappling to muddle through the scene.