Chapter 11: That Last Goodbye

"Sayang, I have something to tell you" says Qeef breaking the silence during dinner. They have finally been able to spend the whole day together. Ever since they wrapped up the shoot for My Cheeky Wife a week ago, they could never find the time to be together and it hurts them both with insatiable longing. Nightly FaceTime became their routine. It helps, but it definitely cannot replicate the heavenly moments of being in each other's arms, the warmth of each other's embrace and the softness of each other's lips.

Being apart for the week has also done them real good. Without the scripts and acting in the way of their longing and yearning, Eli has thawed from her deep freeze due to the nightly conversation they've been having. Conversations that have totally been about them now. Qeef's constant assurance works. She's beginning to trust Qeef more and willing to admit at least to herself how she truly feels about Qeef.

Neither of them have ever experienced this kind of love before. Not the kind that when they are apart it feels like they can't breathe. Every word, every gesture connote a deep underlying love for each other. The kind of love that is past the mind, beyond the heart and deep into the soul.

"What is it, Qeef?" asks Eli rather casually, while wiping the corner of her lips, but awaiting his answer with bated breath. Out of the set, apart from each other, over the phone, together they have reached a higher level of understanding. By now they are both quite used to telling each other everything. There seems to be no secrets between them anymore.

"I'm going to see Jess tomorrow" informs Qeef nervously, while watching closely for any reaction from Eli. Eli almost drops her fork. This is a huge surprise for her. An unwanted surprise. She collects herself before protesting calmly.

"But the night when you explained to me about her, you promised me you're not gonna see her again. You said she's you past." objects Eli. She's clearly not happy with what she's heard.

"Sayang, listen to me. Let me finish what I have to say first." comforts Qeef. He takes Eli's hand into his, lightly stroking the back of it. He brings that hand to his lips and kisses it gently.

"I'm invited to her sister's wedding so I'm gonna use this opportunity to see her, and end what we had, once and for all, face to face. I know that you will never accept me as long as there're still doubts about me and her in your mind" explains Qeef.

Eli realises it's her insecurities that's preventing her from trusting Qeef. Also the thought of being the person Qeef dumps Jess for doesn't sit right with her.

"But I've told you many times before. I don't want to be the reason for your break up." Eli disagrees quite passionately. But deep down inside, she understands if he were to do this right, Qeef does need to see Jess in person.

"How can you be the reason for the break up, sayang, if she's left me long before I met you? But, you are the reason for my courage to finally tell her it's over, and I'm so grateful for you" assures Qeef, searching for a smile from Eli's face, but it's not there.

"But, you're still commenting on her TT quite recently. Qeef. What does that say? Doesn't that say you're still with her? Fans know and could easily come to that conclusion" challenges Eli. This is actually the biggest reason for her to doubt Qeef's sincerity.

"Sayang, listen to me carefully. I don't really have a good enough reason other than I was being stupid. Ever since that ad shoot, she's been harassing me day and night over the phone. She even called my mom to ask her to remind me. It occurred to the stupid me that if I commented then maybe she'd leave me alone like she did when I kept calling and texting her. Fu... I should just shoot myself for being this dense. But trust me please, sayang, the moment you came into my life, you became my life." explains Qeef full of regret. He badly needs Eli to trust him despite the fact that he's made so much blunders out of stupidity.