Chapter 10: That Going Viral

The set lights are the only thing keeping Qeef alert. It's been a rough past 18 hours.

"I know things look crazy. I wish we weren't in this situation." Qeef's palms drenched with cold sweat. He's never felt this nervous about anything before.

Eli's eyes are on him. He could feel it even thought he is staring at the ground.

"I don't love her anymore. It's my fault for not breaking up with her sooner. I guess I just took it for granted that she already know its over between us. To be brutally honest, Eli, I've never really thought about her, eversince you."

Eli stares straight ahead unsure how to process this information.

"I need you, Eli. I want you"

Eli feels her eyes glazing and hot tears are starting to stream out.

"I thought I knew what love was. Then I met you. The way you make me feel is unreal. Indescribable.
Life changing.
If you could see my emotions, you'd be amazed at how beautiful it is, all thanks to you" whispers Qeef barely audible, baring his heart out.

The water works start and it can't stop. Eli is sobbing at this point. She knows he's the one. She knows it. She just cannot admit it to him. Not now. Not yet.

"...and cut! Great job! That's it for today. See you guys tomorrow"

Qeef snaps out of his hypnotic state. He was replaying his conversation with Eli yesterday over and over in his head, that he didn't realise the scene was done and it's time to go home.

Eli rushes off without saying goodbye. Qeef's heart sinks and he contemplates chasing after her but the vibration of his phone in his pocket catches him off guard.

"Don't forget dinner at home tonight. Jess is coming over"

He loves getting texts from his mom but this one annoys the heck out of him. He mutters some choice words under his breath and packs up his stuff to head home.  

Qeef has been parked at his assigned space of his condo for the past 20 minutes. Jess has been texting him incessantly for the past 40, asking where he is and he's replied none. She's at his place with his family waiting for him so they can have dinner together.

"Why am I being so unnecessarily rude tonight?
I'm starving. I should just go up and eat. Who cares who else is at the table" finally his hunger caught up with Qeef.

Slowly walking up the stairs to his unit, he wonders why Jess is even here. Her using his mom to get to him is conniving but expected nonetheless. Qeef knows Jess is trying to stick around longer than she's actually wanted.

"She wants me just so no one else can have me. Too predictable" sighs Qeef, dreading coming into the house. 

As Qeef opens the door, he's greeted by Jess.

"Hi Sayang! We've been waiting for you! I've missed your face, handsome boy"

Qeef stares at her and in that moment he realises the words that were once something he craved to hear everyday suddenly feels like nails on a chalkboard. He even feels a little nauseous hearing it coming from her. 

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Come, let's eat. I have to get to bed early anyways. I have an early start tomorrow" offers Qeef, preparing himself an excuse not to spend more time than necessary with Jess.

He notices Jess's mood changes after he said that but he has a good reason for doing so. He doesn't want to lead her on anymore.

"You can hang out if you want Jess. My mom and sisters are home but I can't stay up tonight. Early call time tomorrow and it's going to be a super long day on set" continues Qeef, reaffirming.