Chapter 14

"Strawberry or chocolate?" 

"Chocolate!" 

"Cheesecake or apple pies?"

"Cheesecake!" 

"Smoothie counters or Cocktail counters?" 

"Smoothie counter, duh~" Jennie replied, turning herself to face the older beside her. 

Smiling while noting down another preference on her writing pad, Jisoo remarked. "I would totally go for smoothie too! We're a lot more alike than I expected." 

"Us? Alike? Oh, please Jisoo, aren't you the one who genuinely believed that one of your coworker's was a vampire?" Jennie said teasingly. Her mood, considerably better after hearing Jisoo's explanation about that night. The discomfort in her chest, nowhere to be found. 

Scrunching her eyebrows in confusion for a few moments, Jisoo muttered. "When... I don't- Oh wait, right! Wasn't that like during our first meeting? You still remember?" Jisoo said, laughing now the realization hit her. "It was a joke just to make you loosen up a bit, Ms-I-always-walk-around-with-thin-lips-and-clenched-butcheecks." 

Jennie, now seriously offended, replies, "Wha- no I don't walk around with clenched butcheeks! And how would you know anyways, huh?" 

"A great man once said Jennie Kim," Jisoo starts off, rather poetically. "That what goes on underneath ends up showing above." 

"First of all, that makes no sense. Second of all, what was this 'great man' smoking when he said this?" 

Jisoo let out a laugh, making Jennie feel all warm and fuzzy, proud of making the older laugh. 

The pair was strolling through the rather big and lavishly decorated garden of Jisoo's workplace. It was beautiful and serene and not too over the top. Just the kind of design Jennie loved. Jisoo was determined to put Jennie at peace and hence, insisted on finalizing on the dessert menu that very afternoon. 

"Are you sure you don't need to consult your hubby about this?" Jisoo questioned once again, a small smile playing on her lips. 

Jennie heaved out a sigh of annoyance. "No, I don't. And it's not like he would care anyways." 

Stopping in her tracks, Jisoo put down her writing pad, her arms falling on either side of her body. Jennie refused to face her and decided to simply keep walking, passing the unevenly chopped bushes on her left. 

The woman jogged to catch up with Jennie, who was still sulking. "Hey, listen-" 

"JISOO! GET OVER HERE!!" 

Hearing the loud, alarmed voice, the two directed their attention towards the blonde man standing outside the main building. He seemed to be in a state of panic and was waving his arms in a frenzy. 

Without enquiring further, Jisoo rushed towards from where the call was heard and Jennie followed suite. 

Heaving slightly, Jisoo asked for a further elaboration. "Jimin what's wrong?" The blonde who Jennie derived was named 'Jimin' simply grabbed Jisoo by her arm and rushed her into the building. 

Jennie wasn't really one to wait and watch, especially considering the man's greasy, slimy hands on her wedding planner's hands, and so decided to trail behind them. "Guys, wait up!"