Chapter 7

10 pm

10 pm. 

It was freaking 10 pm. And they still hadn't finalized on a book. 

This was simply ridiculous! Jennie had never taken so much time whenever she had been asked (which was very often) for book suggestions before this. It had been literally six hours, and they still had another stockpile to go through. Jisoo was really tired and bored so far as Jennie could see.

"Tired?" Jennie asked in a soft voice. 

Raising her head up and putting on a very forced smile, "Nope! I feel SOOO energetic. I could actually fuck someone AND dance to a lil' kim song!" Her voice dripping with mockery. 

Jennie rolled her eyes. Did the girl have the face of an angel? Yes. But was she way too sarcastic and unserious for her liking? Also, yes. 

"Seriously? You're the one that's been giving me the worst books to choose from. And then you proceed to pester me for another twenty minutes to 'explain' what was wrong with the book you randomly picked out from the first shelf you see. It's not that I'm indecisive, it's that you aren't giving me any good options!" The girl snapped back. 

Expecting a full-fledged argument, Jennie was surprised to see a small playful smile creeping onto the girl's face. 

"You look so cute when you're mad..." Jisoo said whilst resting her head on her palms. Feeling blood rush up to her face, the brunnete replied slightly stuttering. "S-shut up." Getting up with a start, "I'm being honest. I can basically see the steam blowing out of your ears. And your cheeks are all so puffed up... Like a chipmunk! It's a compliment." She clarified. 

Jennie couldn't believe it. Someone thought she was cute. That too while mad. 

Jong-in had called her cute when he was courting her, but then he had probably never called her that again. Just like her family and friends who called Jennie a "cranky old man" because of her short temper. And here she was, her gorgeous wedding planner, calling her cute after listening to Jennie more or less yell at her. 

Slowly getting up from her chair, Jisoo walked up to Jennie. 

Jennie felt her knees go weak as the latter got closer and closer. Raising her pretty hands to meet Jennie's cheeks. Lightly pinching them. 

Normally, Jennie would smack any hand that dared to pinch her cheeks. She had suffered enough as a child with every Tom, Dick and Harry never missing a chance to squish her cheeks to the point she had become overly sensitive to them. 

"I have a nickname for you." Jisoo said smiling like she was going to blow in Jennie's ears and run away. "Mandu! No-wait, Jendueki!

A/N - Double update. <333