Chapter 13

"1989 is my favorite album

"1989 is my favorite album. What's yours?" 

"I don't listen to her." Jennie replied dryly. 

"Everybody listens to Taylor." Jisoo said, matter-of-factly. Walking away from her radio after pressing a button. Music now flowing through the room.

 Jennie wanted to ask the older how in the world she owned a radio. She thought they had stopped making those. 

As of now, Jennie was seated in a fairly comfortable chair, inside her wedding planner's office. The room was much cleaner compared to her last visit. The air-conditioner providing cool air to flow throughout the room. Jisoo had kept a bunch of lilies in a vase and placed it right on top of her white desk. It looked very pretty. 

The brunnete could feel Jisoo strolling behind her. "You came all the way here, to decide on the dessert menu?" She asked, her eyebrows raised. 

Shifting uncomfortably in her seat, Jennie stuttered. "Y-yes so? What's wrong... about that?!" 

Letting out a low chuckle, the girl replied. "There's nothing wrong about it babe. I just don't think it's so hard to decide between strawberry cheesecakes and blueberry ice creams. Especially for Ms. Jennie Kim, who has everything planned out already. I bet you've already decided on your funeral guest list." 

'She calls everyone 'babe'. It's not that serious, she doesn't mean it.' Jennie affirmed herself. 

Clearing her throat, she said out loud, "I just wanted a second opinion, geez! Why are you so snappy all the time?" 

"You know I felt so hurt when you just stormed out the door like that. Without your dear wedding planner. Not even a bye." Jisoo said, a pout on her face, fidgeting with the lilies on her desk and masterfully ignoring the brunette's words. 

Jennie scoffed. 

"You seemed preoccupied with your girlfriend. Is she that good of a kisser?" Jennie blurted out, unable to hold her thoughts in anymore. Half of her cursed herself, the other half felt relieved. At least Jisoo would respond to her worries. Maybe she'd confirmed her worst fears, or maybe... just maybe, she'd deny them and make her the happiest woman alive.

Tilting her head cutely, Jisoo responded in confusion, "Girlfriend? I mean- she is a girl... she was also a friend of mine. If that's what you mean of course?" 

The latter let out another laugh, her voice dripping with jealousy. "So, you go around kissing all of these girls who are your 'friends'??" Good to know. Tsk." 

"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me. She drank a shot or two extra. We haven't spoken since; she did apologize though." Jisoo said, looking straight into Jennie's eyes. "And for the record, I pushed her away that very second. So, it doesn't even count.' 

Jennie let the words sink inside her. 

She felt a weird relief flow through her body. 

"You don't like her, in that way?" 

"Oh please! I thought you knew me better, Jen? She's a Sagittarius."