Chapter 5 - Date At The Lake (Edited)

There will be multiple change of POVs in this chapter... but don't worry, it'll all make sense 😀

p.s. this is a really long chapter so get your popcorn, sit back, relax and enjoy 🫶🏻✨

DANIEL

This morning I was awoken up by the sun ray that managed to come in through a little space between the blackout curtains I had in my room. I turned around to the other side to avoid the sunlight hitting my face when I realized someone else was snuggling peacefully by my side.

A warm smile spreads on my face as I beheld Marc's peaceful form beside me. His messy hair had covered a part of his face and I gently moved it aside to reveal his full face. There's this feeling that's going on inside of me I just can't explain, never would I have ever thought that one day I would wake up with Marc sleeping peacefully in my arms and him to become one of the people I truly care about the most. I close my eyes and let it all sink in.

This is real.

I play with his hair for a few minutes before I used my index finger and made a 'bop' on his nose. Collecting my phone from the nightstand as I tried my best to make the least possible movements so I don't wake him up, I open the camera app and take a picture of both of us... Marc would definitely kill me for this but I can't help it when he looked so cute right now, even my lock-screen wallpaper is of Marc and I the first time he slept over. He did say he never looked good in that pic but also asked me for it and that's what he uses as his' too.

Typical.

I see a hickey mark on his neck and the memories of last night's events which I had almost forgotten rushes back to me and that awakened something. I look at Marc and wonder how he's still sleeping so peacefully and I shake my head as I chuckle. Placing a soft kiss on his forehead I decide to get out of bed but I freeze as I beheld the beautiful set of eyes that fluttered open.

"Good morning." Marc greets in the early morning voice tone and with a little smile.

"Morning," I smile back at him, "I didn't mean to wake you up," I say looking guilty.

"I was awake already ever since you took that picture, I just wanted more time with you," his smile widens and my facial expression of surprise and shock causes him to laugh.

"I hate you right now," I chuckled.

"Are you sure?" he asks.

"I do," I say with faux annoyance as I sit up and hold my arms across my chest. I didn't miss catching him using the chance to check out my muscles.

"Actions speaks louder than words and I'm sure you're in the best position to agree with me on that, don't you think?" he smirks.

"Oh my God..." I covered my face as I turn a shade of pink, "What has gotten into you?" I asked laughing.

"I don't know maybe you have," he responds and we both toppled into laughter.

We laughed for what felt like forever because whenever we wanted to stop laughing we looked at each other and start all over again. If this is how I start my mornings, then I definitely want Marc to be in all of it. After we had both calmed I received a notification on my phone... which sounded more like a reminder. I don't think I have anything much planned for today, do I?. Picking up my phone from the nightstand, the screen illuminates and the I mentally facepalmed myself and in real life too. I can't believe I forgot.