Chapter 8 - "...Ok..." (Edited)

- please take your time to read this chapter, there's an important author's note at the end... all in good fate don't worry 🫶🏻✨ -

JACOB

Bella leaves and the room goes silent and even Mia is staring at my mom and I while anticipating what'll happen next between us.

I don't look at my mom, instead I fancy myself with skimming the usual living room I've sort of gotten used to seeing occasionally. It's not big and it's not shell either, just the right size if I should say. Pictures of a happy family hung on the wall... it kinda reminded me of how shitty mine has always been. No offense tho but I can't keep patching things up like alway. Although in the beginning things weren't all that great but as time went by it increased a lot to an unbearable amount and to prove my point here we fucking are.

I let out a tired sigh as I noticed my mom isn't having any intentions of making the first move to break then ice in the tense atmosphere between us. I don't blame her tho... I would probably have reacted worse if I was caught in a circumstance that just doesn't add up.

"You're not gonna say anything?" I asked her, too tired to heat around the bush. I needed answers and my mental strength to keep going on with the 'everything is okay' act is reducing day by day... a lot.

"I'm sorry," is all she says after looking at me briefly and returning her eyes back to Mia who had found something else to just herself with.

"Is that all you're going to say?" I seethe, trying my best not to raise my voice because I'm fed up already with everything that's going on.

"I..." she starts to speak but couldn't say anything else as she stares at me blankly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I leaned by a pillar not having any intentions to sit around and chitchat.

She lets out a deep sigh before proceeding to tell her story.

"Ever since your dad and I started having fights... especially since we came here it hasn't been easy on me and..." she paused to look at me and caught me staring right back at her. Yeah right mom, you're the deer that's been caught on headlight so speak. •...I  crossed paths with Talia and she's been really of great help to me for comfort and-"

"...When you need money,"  I said a bit wide-eyed as realization washed over me. My head began to spin around as so many thoughts swirled around my head and my balance became a bit unsteady.

"Fuck!" is all I could say, not even caring I said a cuss word in front of my mom as I pushed myself from leaning against the wall.

"But mi hijo, I promised to repay it back when I get this new job-"

"Oh God... ¿Me has estado mintiendo todo este tiempo?" I  slowly took a step back not sure of who the woman I call my mom is anymore.

You have no idea how I feel right now, I should've known better that my job wasn't going to get any job rather she's been borrowing and lying straight to my face that she got a little cleaning job. I know she's lying about the so called job she's expecting too just to calm me down but I am not ready to have any of it right now. I don't know what to feel and my head is hurting and spinning, I probably need to sit down or go out and get some air but I won't. There goes another debt added to the debts we already owe people. Why is my life like this?

"The fights between you and dad has gotten really intense lately..." I started trying to shift the topic. Recommending them to go see a therapist would've been the best except for the fact that we can't afford that because you know why.