Day 6 - 27th Going Home

"Y/n..."

she heard whispers as she slowly woke.

"Y/n... wake up..."

Her eyes flickered a few times before opening enough to see Bucky lying right by her face.

"Hey, Jamie", she whispered with a smile, before frowning. "We're going home today".

"I know", he copied her sad face. "But we're going to have a great last few hours".

"Starting with the biggest breakfast we've ever seen".

"No", he grinned.

"No?" She questioned with a confused smile.

"Starting with a kiss?" He asked slightly more nervous than a second ago.

Her smile grew bigger as she gently cupped his cheeks and stroked her thumb across his slight stubble. They were already so close she barely had to lean forward before their lips met softly.

"Did you ever think this holiday would end like this?" She pulled back to ask.

"I didn't. But I might have been sort of hoping", he replied.

"Awh, are you blushing?" She chuckled and pinched his cheeks.

He was a little embarrassed and pulled the covers up to hide. Luckily he could be willingly enticed out by some more sweet kisses.

"I don't get it though, if you had feelings for me, why did you say yes to pretending to be my boyfriend?"

"Partly because I liked you, I think. And partly because you're always helping me with things and I wanted to help you for once".

She felt something strong for him. The way he was actually telling her all these things that float around in his mind made her like him even more. Sharing feelings wasn't one of Bucky's strong suits, so to see him improve so much in just the last few days was amazing for her to witness.

"You have no idea how much you help me", she told him. "You're the one that makes sure I don't overwork myself everyday. You make sure I eat dinner almost every night and not shut myself away on the few days I have off".

There was an appreciative silence as he processed the words, and she hoped he believed them. Whether he did or not, she would make sure he believed them eventually, because she meant every one of them.

"What's going to happen when we get back", she asked. "Like with us".

"What do you want?"

"I like you", she shrugged and averted her eyes.

"I like you too", he chuckled. "Maybe we could try this out?"

"I think that's a good idea", she finally looked back, smiling up at him. "After all, it would be really awkward if we had to pretend to be dating next Christmas too".

"I get to come back next Christmas?" He blurted out.

"Of course! Not only is it the most fun I've ever had but I don't think Nana would let me in the house without you".

He burst out laughing and believed that was definitely true. That woman most definitely ran this family and did a good job of it too.

"We should probably pack our stuff so it's over with", he mumbled.

They both got out the bed and quietly folded their clothes and grabbed anything left in the bathroom before zipping the cases up and putting them by the door.

"I'm gonna miss this room next year", she sighed and looked around.

He came up behind her and brought her into a hug and rested his chin on her shoulder.