Chapter 44: End of the World

As the group of seven traveled, carried in the colossal hands of Agnethe, Al couldn't help but ponder the connections between the creatures Loh' called the Rakh-ahtan and the creature they had witnessed in captivity, which had effortlessly slain two of the Dawn-keepers in a matter of seconds. 

These thoughts weighed heavily on his mind as they descended deeper into Lake Huron, reaching depths of up to 700 feet. Agnethe, in her towering Titan form, navigated through the pitch-black depths with ease. Cultivators with a Will rooted in the material plane possessed a heightened perception that allowed them to see beyond the limitations of physical sight.

Al continued to contemplate the strength of the enemy and his own struggles against a small knife-wielding woman, Loh' and Jin engaged in conversation, their voices blending with the meditative silence of the others. 

The colossal hands surrounding them opened, revealing a breathtaking sight—a vast, vibrant green world illuminated by luminous crystal stones. It resembled a natural sanctuary, with a magnificent waterfall at its center. Embedded within the exotic trees and plants was a sprawling city—the destination Agnethe had guided them towards. She had led them through the cascading waters at the bottom of Lake Huron, unveiling this awe-inspiring cave.

"Where can we find Immortal Nobutoshi Yoshinaga?" Loh' voiced his question aloud, attracting curious glances from the Unrecognized disciples passing by. Agnethe reverted to her regular size, earning a strange look from Asoto'. 

With farewells exchanged between Al's group and Agnethe and the two Tonovians, she proceeded to guide them towards the completion of their mission, while Al and the remaining members began their exploration of the Blood Leaves 5th Immortal Ring.

"I know our intention was to look for potential additions to our Phantom Seed but I think we found one on our way here. You guys, Agnethe is the perfect addition, her Titans Will is rooted in the material plane bringing some balace to our Phanton Seed." Ellie said enthusiastically However, Jin raised concerns about poaching a team member who was already affiliated with a phantom seed, potentially inciting a vendetta. 

Cesar and Al agreed, understanding the potential consequences. "Let's focus on reaping the benefits of the merits we gained from beating down her own Phantom Seed." Al said as he emphasized the last part, as the four of them headed towards a pyramid-like structure reminiscent of the Del Santos Collective in the Blood Leaf's 15th Mortal Ring.

Time passed, and the group of four explored every nook and cranny of the esteemed Immortal Ring they found themselves in. They discovered that Romann had indeed passed through the area, but they had missed him, uncertain when they might encounter him again. 

They were hoping to bid farewell to the two Tonovians and Agnethe, but they had not seen them since the parted.  

They made their way towards the exit through a series of interconnected tunnels that led to upper Michigan. Within the tunnel system, Al and the crew encountered familiar faces—Loh' and Asoto' walking side by side. However, Agnethe was no longer accompanying them.

Ellie quickly approached Loh' to reunite with him, eager to know the outcome of his conversation with Immortal Nobutoshi. She wasted no time in asking, "Loh', what did Immortal Nobutoshi say? Will they send help?" Loh' lowered his gaze, and Asoto' averted his eyes. 

"He said that the Blood Leaf's God will not send any help anytime soon, nor will any of the Immortals of the Blood Leaf mobilize to assist us," Loh' replied somberly. "He mentioned that the only possibility of immediate aid lied with the Evergreen Leaf. He advised me to travel to the Evergreen Leaf's 2nd Immortal Ring and seek out Immortal Aldahard. The problem is, I don't know the exact location of Pennsylvania where the Evergreen Leaf's 2nd Immortal Ring is situated." Loh' said with a bitter tone.