Chapter 99: H.E.R.O. Program VS The Church of New Light: Part One

After Raging Stone clarified the politics of the area, he took the lead.

This time the Sprite Node a spherical extension of A.R.M assigned to Hot Pyro ventured out alone to clear the path. Al and Elissa walked side by side, their eyes studying the three Heroes of A.R.M.'s New Ark City.

"What are you searching for?" Elissa asked Raging Stone who she had come to acknowledge as the leader of the three.

Without missing a beat, explained, "We're studying the biodiversity of this area." Raging Stone spoke his voice powerful yet soothing he had a perfect pitch. looking up and pointing at his partner he told Elissa, "I focus on the soil, Bee Max on the insects, and Hot Pyro on the trees and plants."

The group continued moving as the three of the diligently worked while Raging Stone conversed with Elissa "All Heroes have photographic memory, and we understand the underlying ecosystem, which allows us to know and foresee any disturbances that can affect the area at large."

Hearing Raging Stone speaking about their responsibilities animated the hero with the black and yellow armor, he enthusiastically chimed in with fervor, "Each of us has a Sprite Node of our guardian A.R.M. which we're connected to, they sent our most important memories to a server linked directly to A.R.M. This grants A.R.M. real-time updates about the lands surrounding state of New Ark. We've stopped lone Rakh-ahtan warriors attempting to infiltrate our cities using this very method."

Al and Elissa watched Bee Max gently return a beetle to its habitat after capturing its image in his mind's eye. "They're very clearly proud and excited about their job... helping the environment and cosplaying as heroes... Meeting this A.R.M. sure is going to be interesting." Al mused.

Suddenly a brilliant light tore through the sky. It was a white-yellow Falcon, slowly it morphed into a golden eye, radiating like a miniature sun in the heavens. A focused beam of light descended, homing in on Al and Elissa, revealing their location in the expanse of the Canadian wilderness. The light beam zeroed in on the green milk crystal cradling Ragjiel, the Immortal Spirit of the Dark Acolyte she had sealed inside a crystal. The crystal was in her back pouch.

"Why is it pointing at your butt!?" Al exclaimed, Elissa as a cultivator wore no robe and little armor. So, when the focus became her behind Al suddenly became upset with her choice in wearing light armor.

The three Heroes, their gazes fixed on Elissa, also became curious as to why the light was aimed towards her behind.

Elissa's mind raced, recalling the crystal harboring the Immortal spirt, and she let out a sharp curse. "Damn it! I'm carrying the Immortal Spirit of Ragjiel. Someone must have located it." she bitterly explained. The light slowly evaporated as the giant floating eye descended and disappeared from the sky.

Elissa turned to Al, who stood poised at her side, despite his confusion he had drawn both of his blade and was ready to fight. She then turned to the three Heroes who busy huddled together in a deep discussion.

Before anyone could make a move, a solitary figure dressed in a robe of red and white emerged from behind them.

"You three, depart immediately!" The man's command was unwavering, directed at the three heroes without so much as a glance towards them.

"We apologize, Exarch, but we can do no such thing. These two have urgent matters to discuss with our Guardian A.R.M. They are esteemed guests of our Nation," Raging Stone interjected, his Sprite Node, an extension of A.R.M., nodding in agreement.

The Exarch's countenance shifted from sternness to disbelief. "These two carry a Fallen Archangel. Welcoming them into your home is to invite those who scheme against humanity and the heavens." the Exarch proclaimed, his words a dire warning.