Chapter 50: A Hexagonal System

Al and the team boarded the advanced jet provided by the I.P.S(Institute for Practical Science) with Loh' trailing closely behind. As they settled into their seats, Cesar addressed the group, emphasizing the importance of their upcoming task.

"Once we arrive, our first priority is to locate the entrance described in our intel," Cesar explained. "Despite the enemy's inactive portals and the absence of significant movements, we should expect anything."

Cesar's words prompted a nod of agreement from the team. After Cesar said down Loh' addressed the team passionately. "While the war may have momentarily ceased, now is the prime opportunity to unite the forces of the world," Loh' proclaimed. 

"With the God Leaves understanding, we can then seek contact with the Dark and Light Acolytes. Once we bring them into our alliance, the Church powers will undoubtedly follow suit. This Earth will have its best chance at survival, considering the first move by the Rakh-ahtan nearly wiped us all out."

Al listened attentively, quietly contemplating the feasibility of an alliance with the Dark and Light Acolytes. Memories of Roman and Raul, both captains of a Mortal Ring, as well as Godfrey, an Immortal, treating those creatures as mindless disasters lingered in his mind. Were they truly capable of intelligent cooperation?

Asoto', gave a short groan and separated himself from the group, clearly affected by some underlying tension. 

Agnethe seized the moment to voice her thoughts, her tone firm. "After the last mission, I believe I have proven my worth to the group," she asserted. "Therefore, I propose that Asoto' learns English. His constant groaning and leering needs to stop."

The sudden statement caught everyone off guard, and all eyes turned to Asoto'. He halted in his tracks, pivoting to fix his gaze upon Agnethe, slowly uttering "No" in a deep voice. He stunned not only Agnethe but also everyone else present. 

Breaking through the thick clouds, the landscape beneath them gradually came into view. It was a desolate wasteland as far as the eye could see. The land seemed to have crumpled inwards, with one piece of earth overlapping another. Debris-strewn areas were charred, evidence of a sweeping flame that had ravaged the land.

But soon, the scenery transformed. The land turned lush and verdant, painting a picture of fertility and life. However, in the distance, a dry riverbed stood as a reminder of the land's harsh reality.

As the jet descended, it dropped off the seven individuals near a lengthy crevice in the ground, a natural incision that, if water flowed, would create a breathtaking waterfall.

Loh' began explaining the information they received from the I.P.S. "According to the report, there should be an entrance at the bottom of the dried-up crevice," he said. However, before Loh' could finish, Asoto' brushed past him, paying no attention to the rest of the conversation. The rest of the group followed suit, leaving Loh' behind.

"Don't worry, the dumber, the more emotional," Al reassured Loh', but his words were ignored as Loh' joined the others. After a long walk that carried them into the nearing sunset, they finally reached the bottom of the crevice. The once-flowing water had evaporated, still there was no visible entrance in sight.

Al scanned the surroundings, searching for any signs of an opening when a familiar voice echoed in his ring, catching his attention. "To your right," the voice directed. Al wasted no time and shouted to the others, "Look to our right!" Although nothing seemed out of the ordinary at first, a falling rock caught their attention. To their surprise, the rock began to expand and undergo a mesmerizing transformation, gradually shaping itself into a Satyr—an imposing figure nearly as tall as Cesar.