Chapter 12: Sudden Reunion

He speared his entire right shoulder into Myra, causing her to let out a yell. However, her cry was abruptly cut short as the impact squeezed the air out of her lungs. They landed together, with Al ending up on top of Myra. Her eyes were closed in a frown, she appeared ready to explode at any moment. 

Al immediately attempted to get off of her, apologizing profusely. However, before he could do so, she swiftly stabbed her fingers into one of his ribs. The pain caused Al to cry out and fall to his knees, while she leaned in close to his ear and whispered, "Stop being so reckless." Al, struggling to breathe and in extreme pain, managed to barely utter, "Oooh... Okay!"

She slowly let go and helped him up, checking for any new injuries she may have caused. As she surveyed the rest of his body, Al was feeling much better and noticed her gaze lingering on more than just his wounds. 

Putting on a smug look, he disregarded the fact that he had inadvertently tackled her, and she had jabbed her fingers into his ribs. He said, "Are you looking for something in particular? Maybe I can help you find it." Ignoring his comment, she changed the subject, "So you chose not to practice the breathing technique I gave you I bet you're really hungry. Very well, you're mostly healed up anyways."

Myra, who was dressed in a beautiful white and red robe, walked toward the door Al had shot out of. She nonchalantly moved the door, as if it was the easiest thing in the world and entered. Al couldn't believe how effortlessly she did it. He followed her eagerly into the room and then attempted to move the door on his own, but it didn't budge. Myra turned around and observed Al, who was pulling at the door like an ape. Realizing that he showed no signs of stopping, she called out to him, "Hey, only people who have been given permission can enter the infirmary. It's surprising that it wasn't obvious. I'm starting to wonder if you truly helped to kill that hybrid."

Al's cheeks turned rosy, red he didn't consider that the door could operate in such a way. Myra took out a medallion similar to his, except instead of a blue pearl, hers had a blood-red ruby. She turned to him and said, "Alright then, I'm done with the job I was given. You seem healthy enough. I'm taking back my scroll with the breathing techniques... unless you change your mind."

Al had already made up his mind and quickly responded, "Don't worry, I won't be needing it, but thank you anyway. I'm sure there's food somewhere around this place." She shook her head with a smile, "Food inside of here? Ha, yeah, no. You'd have to go outside for that. You do know some of these breathing techniques are specifically for staving of hunger?" She wiggled the scroll at him. Al frowned and replied, "I already told you, no."

Myra pouted, "Sheesh, heard you loud and clear. You see that giant colossal dark building there in the center? Go there. They should have everything you need. Cesar should be somewhere in there now, actually." she said pointing outside.

She then raised her medallion, causing a brilliant light to flash that blinded Al for a few seconds. After the light subsided, he shouted at Myra, "What the hell was that for?" She continued fixing the room, not bothering to look at Al, and replied calmly, "Relax, I was just obtaining proof that I had completed my job. Anyways, you can leave now." Al awkwardly walked out, muttering, "I guess goodbye?" 

Al found himself outside, taking a moment to survey his surroundings. He was no inside the 15th Mortal Blood Ring, a place he was constantly studying in his mind. The cave's ceiling towered hundreds of meters high, illuminated by hiant crystals that where glowing like lights the bathed the entire city-like cave in a radiant glow. He then turned his gaze to the long building from which he had emerged. To the left of him stood a massive steel caduceus statue, serving as the central focal point of the hospital-like building. The building itself was two stories tall, with the top being smaller.