Chapter 69: A.R.M. (A Real Man)

"Greetings, inhabitants of Earth. I am A.R.M. I extend a formal invitation to all those born of this Earth, bound by flesh and blood. You are cordially welcomed to New Ark City, a marvel forged by the hands of the I.S.P. Here, you will find comfort, safety, and a new beginning for all. Our city stands where New York City once thrived. With these words, I take my leave, with the hope that we shall meet soon. With love, A.R.M."

The proclamation resounded across the globe, accompanied by a visual spectacle showcasing the futuristic marvel of New Ark City. Towers of immense proportions dwarfed the former skyscrapers, soaring into a sky unburdened by smog. 

The streets appeared sparsely populated, yet the air was alive with the hum of flying cars navigating the heavens above. As the sky broadcasted scenes of unoccupied living spaces, advanced utilities, and conveniences that outshone the relics of the past, a glimpse of a utopian future beckoned. 

Just as swiftly as the spectacle emerged, it vanished.

"What the fuck was that?" Viktor couldn't help but voice the astonishment that coursed through the group. It was clear that none of them, including Avilius, had any inkling of what had just transpired. The mysterious message from "A.R.M." had thrown them into a state of contemplation and curiosity. 

Only Al and his phantom seed, with their prior knowledge of the I.S.P., could guess that Robert was somehow behind the communication. Yet, they were left equally puzzled about the entity that called itself A.R.M. and its true nature and purpose.

Avilius decisively broke the moment of perplexity with a single phrase: "Time to go." His words spurred Tamara, though heavily injured, and Viktor into action. 

Kesha exchanged a lingering glance with Al before turning to follow her mentor. Al stood there, for a moment, a sense of hesitation clouding his thoughts as he watched the group recede into the distance.

But Avilius wasn't quite finished, he halted before nonchalantly saying "Oh yeah I almost forgot." He ascended into the air, invoking his Will to send forth the five drops of crimson liquid with astounding velocity. 

These drops found their mark on the nearest bystanders, ordinary humans who had witnessed the prison revolt. Upon contact, these helpless souls disintegrated into gruesome piles of flesh and bone. The horrifying sight elicited screams that echoed across the island of Mt. Kali.

In a chilling command, Avilius instructed his followers to eradicate every individual on the island who had aligned themselves with the church. The island, once peaceful, now became a battleground stained with bloodshed and retribution.

Al's disbelief was palpable as he observed Kesha obediently following Avilius's appalling command. 

However, Ellie and Cesar sprang into action without hesitation. Ellie's mirror shifted into a duplicate of herself, she moved to block Viktor and the others from carrying out Avilius's violent edict.

Cesar himself used one of his strongest spells. His Wind Will created a dense film of hurricane-like winds around his spear before launching it with all his strength aimed directly at Avilius's heart. 

"You dare challenge an Immortal?" Avilius said, exploding into a sphere as he previously had done when he destroyed the prison's watchtower. He was expecting to easily deflect Cesar's spear.

 Just inches in front of the tip of Cesar's the film of destructive winds gathered causing a pressured explosion. 

'BOOMM!!' Avilius returned back to a human specter and was sent a dozen feet reeling back, Cesar's spear was sent flying back several feet away from him. Avilius was shocked by the impressive power Cesar who was merely in the mental domain of the Mortal Chasm was able to display.