Chapter Twelve

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

The next morning, In the study, Klaus is sitting in the dark of the study, alone. Once again, his wife, Sabrina, has been poisoned against him by another ancient enemy, Serene Velasquez.

As Klaus just sits there in the dark, he looks at his phone with pictures of himself and Sabrina on his phone.

One is a picture of Klaus and Sabrina smiles at each other.

Another one is at the wedding.

And his favorite one is Sabrina wearing her prom outfit.

Elijah slowly walks inside the study. "Niklaus?"

"Do you have something on Serene Velasquez?" Klaus asked him.

"Jessica has been working on it at the Talamasca Caste. She will contact us when she has something." Elijah replied. "In the meantime, we can focus on Astrid Nuova and the Nuova siblings."

Klaus takes one last look at the pictures of him and Sabrina and turns off his phone.

"And what of Eric and Nora?" Klaus asked.

"They will be for last." Elijah replied.

⚜️⚜️

At the food vendors, Klaus walks by, but stopped walking upon noticing his wife, Sabrina, at a food vendor, getting herself a wrapped up cream cheese beignet.

{Sabrina's Outfit}

"Sabrina?" Klaus said to his wife.

Sabrina looks at her husband, Klaus. "Hi, Klaus." She greeted him.

"You don't have to be scared of me." Klaus said, slowly walks up to her. "I just wanted to see you."

"Okay, sure." Sabrina said.

And Klaus and Sabrina slowly walks together.

"I feel like I know you, it's that weird?" Sabrina asked him, taking a bite out of her cream cheese beignet.

Klaus chuckled to himself. "No, it's not weird at all."

"Can I asks you something?" Sabrina asked him.

"What is it?" Klaus asked.

"Why did you do those things in Mystic Falls?" Sabrina asked him.

"I was lost in my darkness, but you saved me from myself." Klaus said.