Chapter 0: Dream

Disclaimer:

Blue Lock doesn't belong to me nor any character besides (Y/N) (L/N). Nor do the pictures used belong to me, unless it is explicitly said otherwise beforehand. The credit goes to the rightful owner.

It was during the National High School tournament during my second year, our match was against Ichinan High school, all we had to do in order to get to the nationals was to win this one match and we would be classified for the next step towards our goal.

Out of all of the players on the court, there was someone who had caught my interest, his name was Yoichi Isagi player number 11.

The reason for my sudden interest was due to his movements on the court, he wasn't particularly fast neither did he seem to be very strong.

However, there was something about the way how he moved that had me completely glued to him and I simply couldn't stop looking at him for some kind of reason, his blue fiery aura was overflowing and bewitchingly strong.

Without all to much effort, he quickly had managed to surpass one of my teammates and made his way towards the goal, ready to strike.

Although, to my surprise instead of scoring himself, he decided to pass the ball towards his teammate who had called out to him, player number 9.

Perhaps, because he has that philosophy that soccer is a sport played by teams of 11?, yet unluckily player number 9 missed the shoot which placed them further into a disadvantage against us who were in the lead with 1 point.

This allowed us to start a counter attack against them, lead by me and Ryosuke Kira player number 10, as we were both running forwards with the intention of making another goal to ensure our victory, our with passion filled gazes meet, So that's where you want the ball...?

All the years that we had spent playing and training together had truly paid off, since we didn't need to voice our thoughts, a simple change of glace was enough for us to know what was going on in each other's mind.

Here goes nothing!, looking ahead while casually dribbling the ball, I gently kicked the ball towards the direction to which he was currently running to.

You got this!, as he quickly gave me a brief glance, I moved my head lightly in a firm nod, as if to encourage him to take this shoot and bring us victory.

Quietly, I observed how he slowly closed his eyes and inhaled the fresh air through his nostrils, while positioning himself to strike, then he breathed out through his mouth and gave his all into that one last shoot.

While all of the players of Ichinan were down in inevitable despair, our team cheerfully celebrated our well deserved victory of 0-2 against them.

However, for some reason I found it hard to enjoy this moment with my teammates, as watching Isagi's saddened expression tugged onto my heartstrings, If only he hadn't passed to number 9...

Much to my displease some woman had come to interview Kira and since I was his partner in crime I was obliged to go along with him, as the cheering of our fangirls rung all to clearly in my ears, Why god... Why?!

"I can see why people call you the jewel of japanese soccer. I heard you two have been called to play in Japan's U-Team. Tell us about that!", her chipper voice exclaimed sounding more than excited to interview next to be stars, yet for me those words were like a call back to reality, it was as though they were telling me to finally start atoning for my sins.

A dull expression soon clouded my formerly composed face, as my piercing gaze starred daggers at her as if to tell her that I was done with this interview and wasn't looking at all forward to what was next.