Chapter 0 - 3 (Ryosuke Kira's POV)

Yua Fuji presents

Since I remember, she has always been by my side..., the memories of her bright smiles flashed brightly in front of my golden eyes that were starring at the ball that was about to hit the one who I loved the most in this entire world.

Without thinking twice, as this impulse that was slowly growing within me overflowed, my slightly trembling legs started to move on their own, fuelled by the desire of wanting to protect her and soon I was embracing her terrified figure to shield her from the ball.

We both tumbled onto the ground with a loud sound that echoed through the quiet room and I hadn't fully managed to protect her from the fall in time, causing me to fall on her fragile self, That is why this choice was an easy one to make...

In a tired way, as the pain that the shock of the ball had given hadn't settled in quite yet, I slowly lifted my head up to met her now teary eyes, op on seeing this my hand gently cupped her cold cheek to try and calm her down, my thumb caressed it affectionately, while gazing down at her in a tender way, my gaze being filled with the love that I have for her, Don't cry...

"Thank goodness you are safe...", my voice whispered in an almost fragile way as I tried my best to not show the sadness that I was feeling since it was clear to me that this was the signal of our parting, in an attempt to comfort her my lips formed a gentle smile that only she knew and no one else, while hovering over her to caress her slightly blushing cheek.

Imposter: Chapter 0 - 3 (Ryosuke Kira's POV)

Chapter 0: Dream

The day had come we were playing against Ichinan High school during the National High School tournament of our second year, this match was the primary key in order to get to the nationals.

We were currently in the lead with 1 point and the time had ran out pretty quickly, which announced that the outcome was slowly approaching.

(Y/N) my sidekick and childhood friend was like always with me on the court and yet there was something within me that told me that she was only physically present, her gaze was wandering around which was quite unusual since she is usually more focused than me when it comes to it.

Following her vigilante gaze, I quickly realized towards what or better said who she was looking at with a more than interested look on her face, since I knew her well I could tell that her curiosity was getting the best of her, Yoichi Isagi...

Very soon my eyebrows had started to form a frown of what appeared to be clear annoyance and that was due to two reasons; number one, Isagi currently had the opportunity to score and number two, (Y/N) was taking interest in a guy who wasn't me for the very first time.

Despite my various attempts to suppress the jealousy which was slowly staring to boil deep down in my gut, I took these negative feelings and started to run forwards together with my precious sidekick.

All that was necessary for her to understand my intentions was a simple exchange of glances, the jealousy was now burning bright as I desperately used it to strive forward in our path towards victory, it was as if my body was starting to heat up bit by bit, tainting my conviction in a full new light.

Receiving her perfect pass that was filled with her unconditional support, calmly I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh air through my nostrils, as I positioned myself to strike, then I breathed out through my mouth and gave my all into that one last shoot.

This had set their defeat in stone, as the alarm rang clearly across the field signaling that the time had ran out at last.

While cheering our well deserved victory with the team, my relaxed gaze wandered across my teammates in search of her, yet much to my surprise she wasn't among them, instead she sadly watched over the ones who were sitting on the ground with their hopes crushed.