Chapter 3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two brushed Hua Ying's expression to be sleepy as it was pretty late in the night. Hua Cheng stayed at the foot of the bed letting Xie Lian gush over their son. Kissing him on the face.

Hua Ying was getting annoyed, he was angry on how they treated like they know him but in reality they didn't know his soul. But he couldn't get angry, he had forbade himself to show any forms of emotion around them. Letting out a grunt he closed his eyes, hoping that would show them a hint that he didn't want them there.

"It's pretty late gege, we'll come back tomorrow" Hua Cheng stood up as he noticed the young boy's breathing even out. He went over for a second whispering, "you're punishment is over A'Ying, see you tomorrow" with that the two husband's exited the room.

Hua Took this as an opportunity to flee. He knew exactly were to go. Taking the qiankun pouch he had prepared, making sure he had got all what he needed. He even got the qiankun pouch that he had used on his last successful travel. He looked at his closet, taking the robe that wasn't too extravagantly decorated. Just a plain black and red set of flowy robes. Taking his red veil and the newly brought vailed hat, but before wearing the hat Hua Ying took out a red embroidered ribbon, using it as his hair accessory.

Zhengyi was already waiting for him outside the window, ready to take flight. After making sure he got everything he needed, Hua Ying jumped on the lions back ordering it to take him back to Caiyi town. His friend was waiting for him.

As fast as lightning Zhengyi flew in the air, making a portal appear before him and flying through it. They were met with a festival, the lights were shining bright and the music was loud. Zhengyi landed in an ally way turning itself into a cat and nuzzling himself on Hua Ying's neck.

Hua Ying ran out the ally, eager to meet his friend from last time. If he was right, he was just in time but he still had to find the spot they agreed to meet up at.

"Lan Zhan!" Hua Ying greeted excited, a smile now forming on his face. He was greeted by a boy slightly taller than him, wearing white robes with cloud embroidery. "Hua Ying" Lan Wangji greeted back, he was showing minimum expressions on his face, mostly consisting on a small smile or just plain seriousness.

"I'm going back with you" Hua Ying exitedly said as he hugged the other boy. "Really?" Lan Wangji asked looking at Hua Ying, a small quite unnoticeable smile formed on his face. "yes I am! I'm finally out of punishment and I'm not going back there again" Hua Ying kept on rambling on his experience on his 'homes' as Lan Wangji listened attentively.

"Won't they get worried?" Lan Wangji suddenly asked cutting Hua Ying on what he was about to say. Hua Ying though for a moment before answering, "They won't. They weren't worried when I fell down the staircase or the time i almost drowned so why would they get worried now?".

Lan Wangji was silent for a while thinking on how and why on earth would a parent not be worried on their child, he was wracking his brain on some answers instead of 'they didn't care about him'. Seeing his friend thinking hard on the given topic Hua Ying immediately started another conversation, well it was mostly him who was talking, but Lan Wangji gave his 'mn' and little side comments.

A while later the two boys were walking up a mountain close to Lan Wangji's home, The Gusu Lan Clan, Cloud Reassess. Lan Wangji knew it was way past curfew but the inns were already closed at this time as well. And he couldn't go to that certain inn that's open day and night, his brother and uncle was there. So he decided on sneaking in through the back mountains. It would take a while but for Hua Ying it was worth it.

Hua Ying took hold of Lan Wangji's hand, taking a while to adjust himself to the coldness of the mountain as they ventured on top. Lan Wangji's ears turned a shade of red as Hua Ying took his veiled hat off. The moonlight was shining on his Hua Ying's silvery eyes. Too bad that the red veil was standing in the way.

More walking and they finally reached the wall. "Can you jump to the top?" Lan Wangji whispered alert and not willing to be cought. "I spend most my life looked up inside, what do you think?" Hua Ying whispered back. It was true that he hadn't had any training outside because he was forbidden to. He had always been trained inside one of the rooms in the Heavenly Palace or Paradise Manor.

With a nod Lang Wangji sweeped Hua Ying off his feet and jumped the wall, quickly walking into the shadows to get to the Jingshi. "I can walk now" Hua Ying whined, covering his hands on his face as he was blushing red like a tomato.
"There is one more wall" Lan Wangji wasn't lying but he just enjoyed Hua Ying in his arms and now didn't want to let him go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------