Chapter 7

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lan Haoshi looked between Lan Wangji and Hua Ying, he had already connected the dots and knows that his youngest wouldn't go down without a fight. Meanwhile Lan Zhen was gushing on how cute Lan Wangji was, trying to shield the other boy from them.

"Who's this, Wangji?" Lan Qiren asked, he wasn't notified that someone from the other sects would be visiting. Or maybe the kid just sneaked in, the forcefield wasn't that powerful in the day time.

Lan Wangji made a face, his nose hunched and he was pouting. He was now embracing Hua Ying who was still looking at Lan Haoshi, trying to connect what the man's relationship with Lan Wangji.

"Am I going to be announcing a betrothal?" Lan Haoshi asked the two young boy's, a soft smile present ok his face. "Xiongzhang!" Lan Qiren protested, the two boys were too young to even think of getting betrothed.

"Oh, I'll make preparations for the wedding" Lan Zhen said picking Hua Ying up despite Lan Wangji's glare. "You must be a true gem to actually get A'Zhan to like you" Lan Zhen cheered, she had always trusted his sons judgement, she was glad she did.

"Wangji's getting married?" Lan Xichen, always the supportive brother. He stalked forward a little getting a good glimpse of Hua Ying before the poor boy was rushed inside his mother's Gentian House.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There's no sign of him!" Hua Cheng grumbled, as his wraith butterflies showed them glimpse of the mortal world. The couple and Hua Ying's aunts and uncles were in paradise manor. They had rushed there when they got word of their little prince going missing.

"He must be in one of the sects" Xie Lian tried to give hope. But he too was having doubt that his child was in the mortal realm. Maybe he was roaming around Ghost City or the Heavenly realm. But Hua Ying couldn't be in ghost city. He was banned to go anywhere with full on resentment. The child knew that. So Hua Ying could only be in the mortal realm or the Heavenly realm.

Xie Lian so hoped Hua Ying was in the Heavenly Realm playing with the citizens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This one is named Ying" Hua Ying introduced himself when he was finally set down and all of them were sitting in the Gentian House. Lan Zhen made a move to cuddle with the child more but Lan Wangji beat her to it, shifting closer to Hua Ying as if he would disappear in a flash. "Well.... This is quite unexpected" Lan Haoshi said, trying to relieve the awkwardness in the air. It seemed like Lan Wangji wasn't going down without a fight, but he was worried though. What if this was just a sample of puppy love. The two boys could easily separate in the future.

"Mind explaining, Wangji?" Lan Haoshi tried his outmost to speak for the whole family. His wife would probably agree without thinking much and his younger brother would outright disagree with the decision. It was up to him to become the mediator, he couldn't up it to Lan Xichen, he was a child himself. And judging from his reaction earlier, the boy would do anything for his younger brother.

"Met A'Ying in Caiyi town" was all that Lan Wangji said. Lan Haoshi almost cried as his son said that one sentence. With the short of a story that was given he could only conclude that Lan Wangji and Hua Ying only met for a few hours and deliberately decided to live together, under the same roof, in complete seclusion without anyone knowing.

Lan Haoshi could only thank that it wasn't a girl that Lan Wangji brought home. If so, then there would be some major complications.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little short but I'll make up for it in the next chapter.