Chapter 5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hua Ying was going on with his day. Lan Wangji and his relatives had gone far away from the Jingshi so he should be safe and doesn't need to be cautious. He was strolling on some random path he found. "Who knew Cloud Reassess was huge" he mumbled in amazement, he was running now and the path led him to a waterfall.

But strange enough there was a house beside the waterfall. It seemed to be in good shape despite there was seemingly no one living in it.

On impulse, Hua Ying stalked to the house. He was about to open the door when it opened and the tip of a sword was pointed towards his neck. "I-im no enemy!" Hua Ying quickly shouted blocking the tip of the sword with the palm of his hand, so if the attacker decided to push through he could easily divert the sword.

"A kid?" The man asked, lowering his weapon, now feeling guilty on almost piercing a kids throat. "Um... Hello, I'm...." Hua Ying paused, if he wanted a new life he had to take up a new name. Well he had to get rid of his family name, Hua was not a common name that goes around. He would easily be recognized by the ghost who resided in Ghost City.

"This one is named Lan Ying" He spurted. It wasn't a wise decision at all. Him and Lan Wangji weren't even lovers, they weren't even engaged. Most importantly 'Lan' Ying didn't know that he was talking to the Father of his Zhiji.

"A lan? Where is your forehead ribbon Lan Ying?" Lan Haoshi asked, sheathing his sword letting Hua Ying into the house. "Well.... I'm not a Lan..... Yet! But my family name might cause some harm to me and him..." Hua Ying had tried to come up with an excuse.

"Oh? And why May it cause harm to you A'Ying? Do you mind if I call you that?" Lan Haoshi knew he was potentially breaking some clan rules. Did he care? Nope, not at all. Especially since the one he was sneaking his nose into would potentially become a Lan, and Lan's should look out for each other. Perhaps he could convince his brother to add that to the clan rules. 'One must look out for each other, whether it have to break some minor clan rules'.

"I don't mind.... And for the reason is....um.... I actually ran away from my previous household..." Hua Ying had decided to tell the mysterious Lan in a secluded area. He would deal with the consequences later, if there was any. Lan Haoshi took note that Hua Ying said 'household' instead of home. There must be something going on if the boy decided to runaway with his courter.

"Did they not treat you right? What about your parents?" Now Lan Haoshi was really going far beyond the boundaries, but he pushed forth anyway. "They're there but.... I don't know..... It's like they're not my parents at all. They're alive and well yet I don't feel like I have any parents..." Hua Ying was fumbling with his words. He didn't know how to explain what he feels.

"I see" that was what Lan Haoshi said before pondering on how he could help the child sitting Infront of him. "What about you? Uh...."

"Lan Haoshi, Qingheng-jun" Lan Haoshi introduced himself, as he had failed to do so at the beginning.

"Qingheng-jun, what are you doing all alone in this house?" Hua Ying asked. Lan Haoshi looked at him before replying. "I'm here for punishment" was he said.

"Punishment? Why?" Hua Ying was full on curious, he was breaking some rules but Lan Haoshi let it slide. "I married a murderer, don't take it the wrong way. She had a valid reason to kill, and I kind of forced her into seclusion too"

Hua Ying stared at Lan Haoshi for a full minute, before saying. "You have kids?" Hua Ying had asked his face showing excitement, he had completely ignored the forcing and murdering part. "Yes, I have two children infact. I'm sure you have probably met my eldest, but I'm not sure where my youngest resides" Lan Haoshi said, a hint of longing evident in his voice.

"Is something wrong?" Hua Ying asked, now worried if he had said something wrong. "No, nothing's wrong at all. I just realized that I know nothing about my own children. That's all"

Hua Ying related to what Lan Haoshi had said, he had a full set of parents but he knew nothing about them. Now he decided on helping Lan Haoshi.

"Why don't you go and meet them?" Hua Ying suggested, which earned a sigh from Lan Haoshi. "You are well and living, they know that. I.... Why don't you try and patch up the distance. Don't wait until you're dead or dying to ever think about meeting them" Hua Ying had said that from the heart. Knowing well on how it hurts, you're parents are there but it's like they're not too.

Lan Haoshi had made up his mind, he turned to Hua Ying before saying. "You're right, i should go and be a real father to them. And you're not even apart of the clan right? Nor does anybody except me and your Zhiji know you're here"

Hua Ying sat still, he was anticipating that Lan Haoshi would kick him out. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. But let me give you a little tip. If you want to explore you should go in the early morning and hide at noon, the afternoons would have a lot of deciples wondering about" He said turning to the window, seeing as it was already upcoming noon. "You should go now A'Ying, we don't want you to be found out to we?"

Hua Ying nodded, a smile plastered on his face, bowing to Lan Haoshi before saying goodbye and running away back to the Jingshi.

Lan Haoshi watched as the boy ran farther away. He couldn't help but imagine what would have happened if that boy wasn't here to convince him out of seclusion. Would he die not knowing his sons at all or would he still get out of seclusion?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------