Chapter 18

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Xichen-ge, he's too stubborn he won't listen to what I say" Hua Ying whined dropping down to sit on the floor.

Lan Xichen smiled at the action before facing his current problem. "Zha- Yizha. Come here"

As always, the lion transformed cat listened to Land Xichen.

"Traitor..." Hua Ying mumbled staring at the cat. He had taken a fondness to Lan Xichen, that was clear.

"There, I do suggest we should go back now. It is getting late" Lan Xichen stated. Taking the lead back to the campsite the cat laying comfortably in his arms. Hua Ying almost felt jealous.

"You..." The muffled voice of Hua Cheng was heard.

"Are they fighting?" Hua Ying asked alarmed, to which he and Lan Xichen sprinted towards the campsite.

"Where is he!?" Came Hua Cheng's angry voice as the scimitar almost hit Hua Ying as Lan Zhan dodged the assault.

"A'Ying!" Lan Wangji called out in alarm. Going straight to his Zhiji's side, making sure he wasn't hurt.

"A'Zhan what happened?" Hua Ying asked, taking hold of Lan Wangji's hand that was wrapped around him a second ago.

Lan Wangji looked guilty and turned his head to Lan Xichen. An almost pleading look evident in his eyes. Lan Xichen was quick to take notice though. He turned and walked away, knowing it was not his place to intervene.

"Lan Zhan..." Hua Ying's voice came of as a whimper as he noticed two set of eyes staring intently at him.

"I'm sorry..." Lan Wangji started, shielding Hua Ying from the predators eyes. "I'm sorry, I told them..."

Hua Ying looked at Lan Wangji with horror. He tried to pull back but Lan Wangji had a firm grip on him. "Listen to me first. This can all be cleared out" Lan Wangji whispered engulfing Hua Ying into a hug.

Hua Ying froze, but settled into the touch. "Alright, I trust you on this."

"A'Ying..." The shaky voice of Xie Lian called out, hopeful and unsure.

Hua Ying tightened his grip on Lan Wangji before fully letting go and facing his parents. Xie Lian took a step forward shaky hands

"A'Ying look out!".

Hua Ying leaned back, almost letting himself be cut in half.

"A'Zhan!" Lan Xichen called, running over with his sword unsheathed, Zhengyi still perched on his shoulder. It was getting darker by the second. Unnaturally dark for a night sky.

"Stay close together!" Lan Xichen rushed over to the group.

"San Lang!" Xie Lian exclaimed when Hua Cheng held him back.

"Gege, you cannot intervene with the mortal world" Hua Cheng reminded.

Xie Lian looked at him mortified, his hand shaking and Rouye ready to intervene.

"But I can, don't worry gege. I'll make sure no harm gets to our child" Hua Cheng reassured, scimitar now fully unsheathed and ready to strike.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was getting harder to breathe. Black mist engulfed the area, almost nothing can be seen.

"A'Ying stay close" Lan Wangji stated, having lost sight of his brother and the other two. Hua Ying nodded, sword unsheathed and alert.

He could hear his Spiritual Lion growling, so maybe Lan Xichen was alright. Suddenly a somebody snapped their finger and the mist parted to create a path. Lan Wangji and Hua Ying turned their heads to the other end of the parted path. Where Lan Xichen stood with Xie Lian and Hua Cheng.

Hua Cheng's eyes were a piercing hue of red. And it was targeted at Lan Wangji. But now wasn't the time to confront them.

With another snap of the finger two dice pieces fell to the ground, luckily landing on a two.
A large door appeared behind Lan Wangji and Hua Ying, it was so familiar to prince.

The other three began walking towards them, and Hua Ying didn't need an order to know what to do. It was the only way out so he had no choice.

"Come on, Lan Zhan" Hua Ying whispered gently pulling Lan Wangji towards the mist filled door.

Xie Lian let out a tired sigh. This was going to be hectic.

Not to lie, Xie Lian had expected Hua Cheng to personally kill the beast that dared put his son in danger but to his surprise his husband chose the safest solution, which was to get out of there.

Turning his gaze to the two teens Infront of them, he just couldn't believe that they found their son. And he had grown so beautifully, even finding himself a zhiji.

But one thing was not so clear in his opinion. His child was scared of them, and his husband's alibi was so different to what he had said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------