Chapter 4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hua Ying" Lan Wangji had been trying to wake Hua Ying up for the past few minutes, and he was growing anxious. Any minute now his elder brother will come by to pick him up so that they could visit their mother. He can't have him spotting Hua Ying, his brother might tell their uncle and he wouldn't see Hua Ying again. "What is it Lan Zhan?" Hua Ying was now half awake, rubbing his eyes as he looked at Lan Wangji. "You have to get ready, Xiangsheng would come any minute now. You need to hide" Now Hua Ying was fully awake now going behind the privacy screen to change his robes, which was now plain white with flowy sleeves.

With that he wouldn't stand out as much. "After were gone you can roam around the back mountains or around here. Just stay out of sight okay? If you're hungry I have a basket of snacks in one of the kitchen drawers" That was probably the most words Lan Wangji had said. "I'll hide in the kitchen, when will you be back though?" Wei Ying had sat down and began eating his breakfast, but quickly as he had woken up late. "Around curfew, but with shifu there. I will be back before dark" Lan Wangji busied himself with practicing his guqin while waiting.

Hua Ying finished his breakfast fast and had washed his dish before putting it away. He had guess that Lan Wangji made the simple dish, because he recalled from last night how bland the food were. Hua Ying was about to speak up but a voice interrupted him.

"Wangji are you ready?" It was Lan Huan, courtesy Lan Xichen. Wangji's elder brother. Wangji let out a small 'mn' looking at Hua Ying gesturing him to start hinding. And Hua Ying did hide, in one of the cupboards.

Once he saw that Hua Ying was out of sight, Wangji opened the entrance for his brother to come inside. Lan Xichen looked at his little didi with a find expression as he sat Infront of the tea table, but didn't brew tea. They were going to their mothers, and their appetite mustn't be spoiled as their mother would feed them a feast. But this was only for the occasion of their fathers birthday.

"Just a little more waiting and we'll be off to mother's Gentian House" Lan Xichen said, hoping to start a conversation up but only receiving a 'mn' as a reply. Lan Xichen sighed and chose to keep quiet, seems like this wasn't the day's were his Didi was willing to speak.

If only he had been quick and saw the boy who made his didi talking and blushing by his ears. He could've taken him in if he was homeless. And if not he could've invited the boy to learn cultivation in Cloud Reassess. Maybe then his brother would be out of his stoic cold shell. A while later and their uncle's voice called them.

"Xichen, Wangji we'll be going now" The two brothers got up and walked out the Jingshi where their uncle was waiting. "We'll be there until late afternoon, understood?" Their uncle walked ahead as he said that. Which earned a reply from the older brother. The younger just stayed silent but his attention was to the side. He saw Hua Ying for a split second before he vanished, most likely going to explore the back mountains.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A'Ying it's time to wake up" Xie Lian called from outside the door since it was locked. He was concerned because it was already midday and he didn't saw Hua Ying anywhere in the manor. They had the wraith butterflies to make sure they didn't just go on a wild goose chase. Hua Cheng stood there, debating on himself if he would wait or kick the door down. Though eventually his intrusive thoughts won him over, kicking the door open without any warning.

"Hua Chengzu! Be more careful" he heard Xie Lian's voice. And that was the time he knew that he fucked up, getting called at by name, he had truly made his gege angry.

Hua Cheng looked at the state of the room. Nothing out of the ordinary, but their child wasn't there. "Maybe they're in the heavenly realm?" Hua Cheng said carefully, not wanting to anger his gege more. Xie Lian took a round in the room before deeming their child wasn't there.

Nodding his head he stood next to Hua Cheng who dropped a pair of dice on the ground, taking them to the heavenly realm. "Your highness?" Shi Qingxuan was the one who greeted them, scrolls in her hand as she was going somewhere with them. Pei Ming was also there.

"Did you guys see A'Ying anywhere in the palace?" Xie Lian was frantic now, because Shi Qingxuan was the one who would be training with Hua Ying. By basing what she was doing, Hua Ying hadn't approached him yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------