Chapter 15

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hua Ying came to an abrupt stop, having seen who would be accompaning them on their night hunt.

'no, it can't be' Hua Ying thought, starting to slowly walk backwards. But unfortunately Xie Lian had a keen eye.

"Young master's, i was worried that something might have happened" Xie Lian bowed politely, followed by Hua Cheng.

"I am very sorry for the delay, their residents was a long way in the forest" Lan Xichen answered, also noticing Hua Ying's anxiousness.

Hua Ying looked to the side, where Zhengyi was hidden in some trees. That was no good, Hua Ying knows Xie Lian could sense the lion sooner or later.

"Lan Zhan..." Hua Ying whispered, taking the chance that Lan Xichen was providing them. Lan Wangji turned to Hua Ying in question.

Hua Ying raised his head to say something but unfortunately Hua Cheng had his eyes on them. Hua Ying bit his lip, there was no chance of fooling the ghost king.

"Can we get going?" Hua Ying stated, the sun was high above the sky turning into the afternoon by the minute.

"Of course" Xie Lian smiled, they had been delayed for quite a long while.

The group made their way down the path, it would have been easier if they were riding something. Unfortunately Zhengyi couldn't be seen unless Hua Ying wanted to disclose his true identity.

A sudden meow stopped them in their tracks. Hua Ying froze quite noticably. The little cat was Zhengyi, he could sense it but the lions magic was suppressed to a large number. Maybe, just maybe. Cue Lian and Hua Cheng won't connect the dots.

"Yizha, I told you to stay with Madame Lan" Hua Ying stated, picking the feline in his arms. His eyes were screaming panic luckily everyone had their eyes at the feline.

Lan Wangji looked concerned, and of course only Lan Xichen had noticed. Something was wrong, and he wanted to be informed. Now was not the time though.

"Seems like he'll be accompaning us, do not fret A'Ying. I'm sure fuqin wouldn't be mad" Lan Xichen had taken the lead, taking Hua Ying gently by the arm. Dragging him to down the path.

It was a quiet journey, and the awkwardness was dense in the air. It had been going on for the past few hours, and to be frank. Hua Cheng was getting annoyed.

But, for Xie Lian's sake he kept his composure. He decided to keep his mind on important matters. Which was deciphering if this 'Lan Ying' was really his son.

In all honestly he had doubted it. The little brat wasn't as strong as his son. But what if he was using a sealing charm, the cat was weird too. So it added up to his suspicions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is bothering you, A'Xian?" Lan Xichen whispered, slowing his pace so that they were a few steps behind the other three. He didn't want to exclude the other Jade from the conversation but it would lead to a suspicious atmosphere if all three of them were to talk behind the two others back's.

Thankfully Zhengyi, in his cat form had made his way to Lan Wangji's shoulder. Which informed the second Jade of the distance he had with the two who had fallen behind.

Of course Lan Wangji was intelligent enough to know that it was a private matter and it would be better if the two who were walking ahead didn't have a chance to intervene.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------